Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just don't understand why, even if I syncronised the email core app with my gmail account I just have a bunch of contacts memorised, how does that work? Is there a limit or something?
    Can you give more detail.......not sure what you are asking.
    Yep, too confusing for anyone to help. Post back with more info on what you're asking.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  4.    #4  
    I''l try and clarify then.

When I use my gmail account typing www.gmail.com, I type in the first characters of the email recipient and bingo, all the contacts starting for those characters magically appears, I just have to select what's of interest for me.

When I use the core Pre email application just a handful of contacts are memorised, it's not obviously feasible to remember by heart even the closest friends' emails so there must be a way to sync EVERY gmail contact in the core Pre application...

Am I reading this right?

Hope I was clearer.
    Cheers
    I don't know if gmail is syncing all of your contacts to your phone, go to your contacts and go into preferences/accounts and add your gmail account and it should sync your address book to your phone
  6.    #6  
    it doesn't, it only sync a handful of them and can't understand why
  7.    #8  
    "might" being the operative word, having to browse and read hundreds of pages just having with a common keyword "Syncronisation", if only I were unemployed...
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    "might" being the operative word, having to browse and read hundreds of pages just having with a common keyword "Syncronisation", if only I were unemployed...
    Lol, sorry, i'm not either, that's why i couldn't be more specific. I thought i would at least put you where there were similar threads to help you.
    is ur gmail your default account or palm profile.... I had this same issue then changed it too gmail and it worked....may not be the issue but hope it helps.
  10.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by switchedgear View Post
    is ur gmail your default account or palm profile.... I had this same issue then changed it too gmail and it worked....may not be the issue but hope it helps.
    In the Pre mail core application you mean? I only have one account: gmail

Originally Posted by dbdoinit
    Lol, sorry, i'm not either, that's why i couldn't be more specific. I thought i would at least put you where there were similar threads to help you.
    Don't worry, I appreciate the effort ;p
    Are you trying to type the person's name? Or their e-mail address? 'Cause you have to type their name, not their e-mail address.
    Yeah, my gmail was able to sync all my contacts, no problem. But I have it as my default account for everything, rather than my Palm profile.
  13.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    Are you trying to type the person's name? Or their e-mail address? 'Cause you have to type their name, not their e-mail address.
    Yes, I do type their name, in fact some of them do come up, but only a handful

Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Yeah, my gmail was able to sync all my contacts, no problem. But I have it as my default account for everything, rather than my Palm profile.
    I may not understand the difference here, I only have one email profile: gmail
    What's Palm profile got to do with it?
    We are referring to the default profile for your phone, that is used to back-up and store all of your contacts. You can set it to your Palm Profile, Facebook, Gmail and there may be another option or two. This isn't just talking about your email account.

For instance, if I log back into my Palm Profile, I actually don't get all my contacts back from that, it only has a couple in it. I have to resync my gmail/google account to get them all back.
    If you go into your contacts, click the upper right corner for the drop down menu, select preferences and accounts and scroll down to see which one you have set as your default account for pulling contacts into your phone and backing them up.
  16.    #17  
    Ah, okay. Then:

1) I set gmail as the default account, syncronised it, then went to the Pre email core app but nothing changed, still only a hadnful of contacts there

2) I'm really confused about this, why would I want to set gmail as default account in the first place? If I do any new contact will go to the gmail account which doesn't make a lot of sense to me...
    I didn't say you had to set it as the default, that's entirely up to you!

I prefer gmail, because then I can always access my contacts from anywhere and from any phone, even if I switch and leave Palm.
    And the place they should be, when you sync, is in your Pre contacts.

Then, in the email app, all you have to do is start typing the first letter or two of their name, a list of matching contacts will show in a drop down menu and you select the one you want.

This list will never show all your contacts at once.
    Is that drop down list what you are talking about in the mail app?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast