Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I noticed one other poster in a different thread had this happen overnight, so I wanted to start a thread to see if there are any others (and, of course, if anyone knows a solution other than doctoring).

Woke up this morning and had a "Signed Out" screen that states "you are no longer signed in to your Palm Profile on this phone." The only options are 'Just Restart' and 'Erase All Data.' I've never seen this before and the device was working fine right before I went to bed. I hadn't updated any apps or patches or done anything else except checked my email and played a couple games.

I'm being stubborn and avoiding doctoring, just in case there's another solution. Did anyone else have this happen last night? Has anyone else seen this in the past and know a way to get around it without doctoring?

note: my phone is unfortunately not in dev mode and, with no way to get to the launcher to put it in dev mode, I imagine there is no way to ssh into the device to do anything (though hopefully I'm wrong).
    Yeah, this is one of many threads with the same issue. The only solution I had was to restart it. Not fun, but it's happened before. Not sure what the root issue is either.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ile-again.html
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    I've spoken to HP|Palm about this before. You can resolve the issue by doing two things. (1) Delete and sign back into your palm profile. (2) Ignore the error message~it doesn't affect the performance of your phone. Note: You should never be afraid of performing a webos doctor on your device. Palm created the doctor specifically for our phones ~ in the event of phone freezes, sluggishness, and some issues that can't be resolve any other way. I would also suggest you fill out this feedback survey: Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA.
    Maybe your best bet is to run a webos doctor: http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions.
    Best of luck...
    Last edited by RL; 09/07/2010 at 11:50 AM.
    whats its missing is an option to sign back into the profile.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    I've spoken to HP|Palm about this before. You can resolve the issue by doing two things. (1) Delete and sign back into your palm profile. (2) Ignore the error message~it doesn't affect the performance of your phone. Note: You should never be afraid of performing a webos doctor on your device. Palm created the doctor specifically for our phones ~ in the event of phone freezes, sluggishness, and some issues that can't be resolve any other way. I would also suggest you fill out this feedback survey:.

Best of luck...
    As kkhanmd just pointed out, unfortunately there is no option to do either of those things. I only have an option to 'Restart' or 'Erase All Data.' It seems silly I can't simply log back in to the profile. I can hear I'm still getting all my notifications and everything in the background, simply can't get to it.

As far as being afraid of doctoring, I'm just trying to avoid having to deal with it (busy at work today), losing all my texts and customized Contact info, patches, etc.
    This seems to be happening pretty regularly ... my Pre did this a couple of weeks ago too. It's a major pain since it reloads all your apps, but NOT the data they had stored or any homebrew apps!

I've posted on the Palm support site to see if we can get some response. Both the Feedback & Feature Requests site and the support forum ... there's a thread on the subject here:

"You are no longer logged into your profile" - So.... - Palm Support Community

It'd be great if more people posted there to raise the issue's priority. If they can't solve the random logout problem, at least they should give an option to log back in (with a password).
    O NOOO! this just happened to me and it appears i have lost everything ... it restarted the first time with everything gone except my patches.... i'm trying to doctor now but it only gets to 8% and then fails.. my device now wont even boot.. i see the palm logo and then the spinning circle followed by a shutdown.... is my pre dead?? this is my 4th refurb :/... really not happy palm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your phone is not done yet. ^_^
    Delete webos doctor and download a new one from here:Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals. Choose your phone version.
    Ps. Connect your phone to your charger to fix the restart problem. Also, remove and replace your batt.
    best of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post
    is my pre dead?? this is my 4th refurb :/... really not happy palm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    From what I understand it is impossible to "brick" a Pre. You should be able to doctor.
    this is really odd.. it seems to connect and disconnect when attempting to doctor. it also keeps going between 2, 4, and 8 % ..still no luck

Update: so it randomly decided to start up now... going to doctor once i backup my patches if possible
    Last edited by ryudo423; 09/07/2010 at 01:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post
    this is really odd.. it seems to connect and disconnect when attempting to doctor. it also keeps going between 2, 4, and 8 % ..still no luck

Update: so it randomly decided to start up now... going to doctor once i backup my patches if possible
    With this problem, you shouldn't have to doctor. Just sign back in and enjoy watching your pre re-download all your apps. Pain in the ****. But, you should run EPR to make sure that everything goes back to stock before patching your pre back up. I've had this happen twice to me, and as frustrating as it was both times, the 2nd go around I learned that lesson.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    With this problem, you shouldn't have to doctor. Just sign back in and enjoy watching your pre re-download all your apps. Pain in the ****. But, you should run EPR to make sure that everything goes back to stock before patching your pre back up. I've had this happen twice to me, and as frustrating as it was both times, the 2nd go around I learned that lesson.
    What do you mean when you say "sign back in"? I have only the two choices (Restart and Erase All Data); do you mean I should choose 'Erase All Data' and it will let me sign back in? Please advise. Thanks.
    When I had this issue, I restarted and it brought me back to the palm profile sign in page. The same you see when you activate a new phone. I had to sign back in and resync everything, watch my apps re-download, and re-customize my phone. But it didn't erase the contents of my USB. If you were to do a full erase, you would have a fresh pre, with all data erased.

where do I find answer to my question?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyfak View Post
    where do I find answer to my question?
    I'm sorry, but you asked a question?

Quote Originally Posted by onpinsandneedles View Post
    What do you mean when you say "sign back in"? I have only the two choices (Restart and Erase All Data); do you mean I should choose 'Erase All Data' and it will let me sign back in? Please advise. Thanks.
    Do NOT erase all data. Just restart. Otherwise you will lose all of your data (pics, vids, etc...).

17.    #17  
    Do NOT erase all data. Just restart. Otherwise you will lose all of your data (pics, vids, etc...).
    I've restarted several times and it always comes back to the same screen with those same two choices. If I doctor it, will I lose all that data (pics, vids, etc)?
    No, that's what you need to do from the start.Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by onpinsandneedles View Post
    I've restarted several times and it always comes back to the same screen with those same two choices. If I doctor it, will I lose all that data (pics, vids, etc)?
    If you doctor you should not lose any data. That said, try forcing USB to see if you can access your data, and if so, copy it to your computer's HD as soon as you can.
    I'm confused. Did you say that you chose the "Restart" option, but it just brought you back to the same screen? Do you see either of the screenshots that I posted in this thread?
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ile-again.html

20.    #20  
    If you doctor you should not lose any data. That said, try forcing USB to see if you can access your data, and if so, copy it to your computer's HD as soon as you can.
    I'm confused. Did you say that you chose the "Restart" option, but it just brought you back to the same screen? Do you see either of the screenshots that I posted in this thread?
    I only see the image in your 2nd screen shot. That's what it keeps looping to.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast