Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by onpinsandneedles View Post
    I only see the image in your 2nd screen shot. That's what it keeps looping to.
    And do you choose the Just Reset option?
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    And do you choose the Just Reset option?
    Yes, I choose the Just Restart option.
  3. #23  
    This just happened yesterday to my dads Pre. He's had a couple patches he could never fully uninstall with preware or wosqi, so I decided to have him perform the Emergency Patch Recovery tool in preware thinking it would solve all of our problems after saving his preware package list. Wrong. It worked for a little while and then got stuck on some unable to find 200.72 message. Left that on the screen for 25 minutes and concluded it was doing nothing more. Closed preware, and restarted the phone, ugh. Said I'd been logged out of the profile. Rebooted again, came up with the menu to sign back into the profile in which he'd lost all of his homebrew apps, settings, etc. Man, did I ever feel awful having to tell him that news!
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by onpinsandneedles View Post
    Yes, I choose the Just Restart option.
    Hmmm. When it happened to my pre, I chose Just Reset and it reset to my phone activation screen and I had to sign back into my profile. If you do not see this screen after you chose restart, then try forcing USB mode to try to get your data off your phone. If you can't access the data, you should still be safe if you doctor your phone. Give it a try and report back.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    This just happened yesterday to my dads Pre. He's had a couple patches he could never fully uninstall with preware or wosqi, so I decided to have him perform the Emergency Patch Recovery tool in preware thinking it would solve all of our problems after saving his preware package list. Wrong. It worked for a little while and then got stuck on some unable to find 200.72 message. Left that on the screen for 25 minutes and concluded it was doing nothing more. Closed preware, and restarted the phone, ugh. Said I'd been logged out of the profile. Rebooted again, came up with the menu to sign back into the profile in which he'd lost all of his homebrew apps, settings, etc. Man, did I ever feel awful having to tell him that news!
    It sucks, but it's also pretty minor considering it's so easy to reinstall your patches. Worst part is waiting for all of your apps to download again.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  6. #26  
    You will have to restart, dont do erase. Then palm will make your pre the same. Only things that would me missing would be : call logs, text messaging. Most of the times your pictures and videos would be there. Ofcourse homebrew apps would be gone or any apps no longer available in palm catalog.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Hmmm. When it happened to my pre, I chose Just Reset and it reset to my phone activation screen and I had to sign back into my profile. If you do not see this screen after you chose restart, then try forcing USB mode to try to get your data off your phone. If you can't access the data, you should still be safe if you doctor your phone. Give it a try and report back.
    I'll try in a couple hours when I'm home and let you know the results. I appreciate your time and effort in helping me with this. Thanks a lot.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by onpinsandneedles View Post
    I'll try in a couple hours when I'm home and let you know the results. I appreciate your time and effort in helping me with this. Thanks a lot.
    No problem. Crap happens. The good news is that unless it's physically broken, it's nearly impossible to brick your phone. Just do what I do. Backup your data often.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Hmmm. When it happened to my pre, I chose Just Reset and it reset to my phone activation screen and I had to sign back into my profile. If you do not see this screen after you chose restart, then try forcing USB mode to try to get your data off your phone. If you can't access the data, you should still be safe if you doctor your phone. Give it a try and report back.
    So, even though I was able to force USB mode on my phone, my computer wouldn't read it. So, I ended up doctoring, assuming I was going to lose all my photos, videos and texts; well, I did lose all my texts, but every one of my photos and videos is still there, as well as my Contact-specific photo settings. I was pleasantly surprised. Now my phone's back to normal and I'm a happy, little man. Thanks again for your help.
  10. #30  
    Good deal. Remember, doctoring is your friend. But backing up your data is your best friend!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions