Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Some brief backstory that led to my problems:

Been overclocking since way back when... Tried SR71, infinite boot loop... On to the Doctor... (O... M... G... the Pre is s-l-o-w without overclocking.) Added back the 60+ patches, and bazillion apps.

Have two hopefully related issues:

1. Can't get/send pictures with text messages. I try to send, and it shows sent, but intended recipient does not get. Had several folks try to send me one, but nothing comes in. I've made sure data roaming in enabled and data usage is on in the phone prefs, and updated network settings and preferred roaming list. Suggestions?

2. Two POP e-mail accounts (yahoo and aol) do not work. In trying to send an e-mail I get the following error:

Service Method Exception:
    com.palm.oasis.activerecord.ActiveRecordException: PrimaryKey must be unique

Have also done WOSRU a couple times, a couple re-boots, etc. with no changes.

Searching via omniscient Google only gives me two relevant links, neither of which were of any help.

Experts, what do you think is going on, and more importantly, what is the cure?

Thanks in advance,

Mac
    1. Can't get/send pictures with text messages. I try to send, and it shows sent, but intended recipient does not get. Had several folks try to send me one, but nothing comes in. I've made sure data roaming in enabled and data usage is on in the phone prefs, and updated network settings and preferred roaming list. Suggestions?

Rl's Response.. It seems like your problem is coming from your
    subscriber. Contact your phone company, and have them
    trouble-shoot your phone. Webos Repair Utility won't fix this issue.

2. Two POP e-mail accounts (yahoo and aol) do not work.

RL's Response... Delete and re-add both account using the fullsite, either on your phone or computer. Then do the exact same thing with your emails on your phone.

If all fails ~ run a doctor on the phone. Regardless if you had it done already.

best of luck.
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Thanks RL.

1. On hold with Sprint now. Was hoping I wouldn't have to go this route.

2. Deleted already. Haven't re-added them back yet but will try after getting #1 resolved. Maybe 1 will take care of 2. Want to save the doctor as a last resort, obviously.

Thanks, probably gonna need it.
    i know, in my experience with yahoo, that if you delete all yahoo accts, email, messaging, contacts and calendar, then re-add starting with messaging. after you add messaging yahoo will automatically add your email back in via sync, and all should work well...
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Thanks Jack.

Sprint's first level has gone as expected... they reset me on their end, and had me pull the battery to reset me on my end. No luck.

On hold for the next level of support.
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Ok, got off the phone with the very nice Sprint girl... no resolution. She bumped my issue up and said someone would call me by 3:00. Really? Anyone had this happen (we'll call you back")? Anyone really get a return call?
    Actually, they did call me back.. I was surprise when the person identify themself as a sprint representative. :-)
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Cool. Yeah, I'm not holding my breath. For neither a call back, nor resolution to my issues. Trying to avoid another doctor... last time wasn't fun.

I know this was all my own doing and can't complain, but a better backup/restore would be really nice. nvBackUp from the PalmOS days was really really nice.

I'll be sure to let you know what happens in a couple hours.
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Ok, no call from Sprint yesterday...

Called them this morning, talked to a nice guy who was of no help. After 15 minutes of him doing who-knows-what, he told me to turn my phone off. ? Really? This that all?

After 45 minutes of him playing with things and one battery pull on my end, he wanted me to wipe the phone via the ##data# method. Strangely, doing this didn't seem to register... the phone still worked, and all my stuff was still there. Sprint Rep told me not to use the phone for an hour and it should be reset. Yeah, right. Something strange going on.

Anyone had this happen to them? I'm thinking this may be tied to my problem. A Doctor trip looking more and more likely...
    try reinstallin the recovery kernels...

as a side note.. with any of the testing kernels ... they usually get set to screenstate by default..
    what this means is that
    when the screen is powered off its at 500mhz
    when its plugged in its at 500mhz
    and now with battery scaling i believe when its at 20% its at 500 mhz

i had the same issue when i installed sr71 .. i plugged in my pre to the charger and low and behold it started... i kept it plugged in fired up preware and uninstalled sr71 followed by reboot, installed recovery kernels , reboot... took battery out and left it out for about 10 mins ... left pre and battery on a cool marble table...than powered up and reinstalled f105 thunderchief...

working fine .. no issues...
    After doing ##data# you should go straight to update network settings. That will bring back your data connection. Evdo/3g.

Why are you avoiding a webos doctor. Patches can be added back on, theme, and overclock kernels. Pics>videos>music won't be deleted. Plus, you can use save/restore to save all your stuff as well.

Obviously, nothing else is working out for you. These issues are what webos doctor were created for.(i.e sluggishness, unresponsive screen, other unrelated unknown issues.) Webos Doctor is Palm Official Tool. Here is the link: Palm - webOS Doctor - FAQs. Just follow Palm's easy step by step procedure. Note: Remember to put phone in recovery mode.

Best of luck...
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    sketch42 - back to overclocking right away, no issues there. One of the first things re-installed after initial trip to doctor. Have avoided SR71 for the time being. (Gunshy?) Back on F105 for the time being. Pre seems sluggish, maybe it's just in my head...

RL - Avoiding doctor for three reasons: 1. I'm not totally convinced it's not a setting Sprint can't fix, 2. It was a royal PIA (and long one at that), and 3. It didn't work (totally).

No themes installed, but 65 patches, most of which did not auto reinstall. Most Palm apps came back ok... Save/restore helped some too. The other 80 or so had to be manually done. Thankfully had a copy of the PalmDatabase file saved locally, otherwise I'd be screwed. Maybe I did the steps in a less than optimal order?

"Appointment" scheduled for early Friday if no progress by then.