View Poll Results: Would you pay someone to Plus your Pre?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 28.81%
  • No

28 47.46%
  • If I saw that they could, then maybe.

14 23.73%
  1.    #1  
    Just wondering how many people would pay someone to upgrade their Pre to a Plus, assuming they wouldn't do it themselves.

Maybe this would create business for someone who can do it very easily?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Depends on the cost. Plus the fact that the next device isn't too far... Woulda been nice to have the option on the launch of the Pre Plus to "Plus" your non-Plus Pre...

-Gu1l7y
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    50 dollars, hell yea.. 200, hell no.. In between, not sure..
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    50 dollars, hell yea.. 200, hell no.. In between, not sure..
    Ditto on that. I'm already Pre Plus though...

-Gu1l7y
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    I'd be interested in it but I'm with nimer55 about cost. With something (hopefully) right around the corner, cost is a big factor.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    $50 - $100 yes. I ran out of memory space long ago, so I have to pick and choose apps to download. I deleted many videos and music. Also since I work at a Sprint store it would be nice to show a 3D game to customers without overclocking to prevent "too many cards" when no card is open. Embarrising.
    Last edited by kld2009; 09/07/2010 at 06:39 AM. Reason: spelling
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    What would be nice if someone would/could just upgrade the memory, to say 16 or 32 gb. Just hit not enough memory for apps, so I had to delete a movie.

Cheers,
    vespacar
    Yes I would, just to see what's the big deal.(I have a palm pre)
    It depends on how long we have to wait for a new phone and how much it would cost to do this in the interim.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I'd rather have the expandable memory card slot.
    Palm user since my Palm Pilot Pro (B'day present 13 years ago, which I still have!) Previous devices include: IBM Workpad M100, C505, Palm i705, Palm Tungeston, 650, 680, and currently Pre! (There'll be more, I know it!)
    Nope...with new hardware on the horizon I don't see the point. My regular Pre is working fine anyway.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Nope...with new hardware on the horizon I don't see the point. My regular Pre is working fine anyway.
    +1
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    very happy with my Pre minus. Of course I have uberkernel so no TMC for my normal use. My Pre is now orders of magnitude better than the one I got on launch day - no longer tempted to get anything else unless of course it's the next webOS device.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    if you want me to plus your pre PM me I can install the part to the pre plus to make you have a sprint pre plus then doctor it with a sprint rom and you would be good to go... All you have to do is provide me with your pre with a clean esn and a pre plus I can do all the work...
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    No, not really.
    I would of a few months ago, now I think I'll just sit and wait for new hardware from Palm. Though there's a chance something wonky happens and webOS 2.0 bogs down the original Pre, which then I could see justifying the upgrade.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Ditto
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I could do it myself, most likely, but I would be willing to pay $50, if I could get a good price on a Plus donor. Like everyone else, with new hardware coming soon, I'm happy with my uberkerneled Pre minus.