1.    #1  
    HI all,

My volume button on my Pre stopped working so I called up Sprint and got a replacement Pre mailed to me. I want to know how I can make the smoothest transition to my new Pre. I don't want to lose my ringtones, and photos, and settings. I would really like to have a seamless transition to this new phone.

Also, what should I do to my old pre before sending it back?
    use backup capability in preware, and save/restore app for your app data.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hangman0000 View Post
    HI all,

My volume button on my Pre stopped working so I called up Sprint and got a replacement Pre mailed to me. I want to know how I can make the smoothest transition to my new Pre. I don't want to lose my ringtones, and photos, and settings. I would really like to have a seamless transition to this new phone.

Also, what should I do to my old pre before sending it back?
    I had similar issue with a blown speaker on my original Pre Plus from Verizon. For me when I logged in to my palm profile on my replacement Pre everything came up for me. My contacts, memos all showed up.

Before I sent original Pre back to verizon I sent pics and memos to my email for a backup but as it turned out I didn't need to.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by irondust; 09/06/2010 at 10:18 PM. Reason: wrong info
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irondust View Post
    I had similar issue with a blown speaker on my original Pre Plus from Verizon. For me when I logged in to my palm profile on my replacement Pre everything came up for me. My contacts, memos all showed up.

Before I sent original Pre back to verizon I sent pics and memos to my email for a backup but as it turned out I didn't need to.

Hope this helps.
    Quick note to my prior post. My pics did not show up using palm profile. But my contacts and memos did. I did save my pics to email and reloaded to replacement Pre.
    I've just save the pics on my computer and put them on the replacement phone from there.
  6.    #6  
    what about all of my settings? how do i find the back up capability in preware?
  7.    #7  
    Anyone?? Also I beat Angry Birds yesterday and I haven't gotten all the extras yet. But I don't want to lose that game info. Can I save it somehow?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Go into Preware and find the "Save/Restore" application.

Run a save on all of the applications that it recognizes. It will put a saverestore folder in the root of your phone usb partition.

Connect the phone to your computer and copy and pictures, videos, music, etc from the phone to your computer. Also be sure to grab the "saverestore" folder.

When you get the new phone, copy the "saverestore folder" to the USB partition on the phone. Then install Preware and then Save/Restore. You can then restore your data.

One thing to note is that sometimes you have to run a program once before you can restore its data. So for Angry Birds you need to run the game once, close the card, restore the data and then run it again and you should be golden.

--Jay