1.    #1  
    This is really an opinion thread, unless someone happens to have some facts..?

What do you guys think: Will any upcoming HPalm phones be released in Australia? Telstra had the Centro, but no sign of a Pre anywhere. Does it make sense to wait for announcements, if the phone might never make its way Down Under?
    telstra did plan on bringing the pre plus to australia at one point but never made it passed the testing point but as always, if any thing does come this way in will be a good 6 months later, as australia is always behind and most likely to charge us more $$$ for it
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    They'd damn well better!

Basically, as long as we can use the paid app catalog, I'd still be happy to buy it from overseas. It's the app catalog that drove me mad.
  4.    #4  
    I was lucky enough to have studied in Germany last year, so I could buy the Pre there and get it all activated and ready to go. I'm just really ready for a new phone (I go through three batteries a day!!), but at the same time I know I would be so annoyed if I sign up for a two year contract only to find out a new Palm phone is coming a few months later.

If only there was a little bit of certainty, if you know what I mean? And I really don't know if I would feel up to purchasing it overseas and go through all the hassle of having it in an unsupported country. Decisions, decisions..
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    you hit the nail on the head, menelas - it's certainty we need
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    watch the Palm Podcast with Phil McKinney.

then you get a glimpse... ;-)
    Italy also is in the queue...
    Quote Originally Posted by boyblueeye View Post
    telstra did plan on bringing the pre plus to australia at one point but never made it passed the testing point but as always, if any thing does come this way in will be a good 6 months later, as australia is always behind and most likely to charge us more $$$ for it
    It's strange that they didn't go ahead with it Menelas as the AT&T Pre Plus works very well with a Telstra SIM. I wonder if they were too heavily invested writing pointless "Telstra" branded apps for other platforms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Spakler View Post
    It's strange that they didn't go ahead with it Menelas as the AT&T Pre Plus works very well with a Telstra SIM. I wonder if they were too heavily invested writing pointless "Telstra" branded apps for other platforms.
    Telstra probably would not be able to get their head around the opennness of webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Telstra probably would not be able to get their head around the opennness of webOS.
    You're probably right. Rather ironic since more open (probably) means more downloads and uploads which means more money for Telstra. They're also too busy charging for email addresses, calendar sync, and contacts sync even though much better (and free) solutions are available from google etc.
    Hi guys,

I work for HP here in Australia. There is currently no news on (a) new hardware or (b) country support at the moment.

If any new info becomes available (there is none at the moment) and if I am able to share it I will - I too am also excited about the possibility of an official Palm WebOS device in Australia.

Regards,
    Shane.