Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I couldn't find a thread about this, so if this has been done feel free to point it out.

What's with making Pre/webOS UI look like an iphone or Android? No, disrespect meant.

First, why would some one spend time making webOS UI appear to be an iphone or Android? Second, who has a Pre and wants it to be confused for an iphone or Android? The whole "conversation starter" thing is kind of crap (see description of these type apps in preware)? It immediately says, the Pre/webOS UI isn't good enough, it'd be better if it looked/ran like an iphone. You've already started in a whole. If it's just a personal styling choice, I understand.

I never want to have my Pre confused for an Android or an iphone.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    good question
    Couldn't agree more. If you are that worried about what your your friends might think about your phone selection, take it back and get one that they would approve of.
    style with the benefits of the core OS
    agreed. You should just get an iphone if you want it so bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarTM View Post
    agreed. You should just get an iphone if you want it so bad.
    But who wants at&t service with those prices and the two gig data limit?
    Motorola i95cl> i733> i760> i860> i880> ic902> Palm Pre> HTC EVO4G> atrix 4g> unlocked gsm pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by abbdu4 View Post
    ahh, right. Take it to T-Mobile?
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    I've never held either one of those phones. :-D
    From what I hear, the way you hold it may just keep it from working! LOL
    Last edited by jtsdad; 09/06/2010 at 07:11 PM. Reason: spelling error
    what's an iphone?
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    what's an iphone?
    It's one of those new fangled toys the teenagers have these days :[
    Hmmm?.....It's a Palm Pre, here, let me show you something cool...;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    what's an iphone?
    A device with the wifis and bigger geebees than anything else
    Quote Originally Posted by CarTM View Post
    ahh, right. Take it to T-Mobile?
    No 3g.
    perchance we can give the benefit of the doubt..
    Scenario:
    Webos user bumps into his friend who's trying to feel superior toting the yPhone...
    yPhone user turns to webos user and says.. Hey look what my yPhone can do..
    Webos user says wow really? Mine too.. Pulls out yPhone look alike and says , but you wanna see something REALLY cool? (swipes card away and continues using webos) and says "oh but your phone is cool too, and hands him a lollipop""
    Quote Originally Posted by abbdu4 View Post
    Use wifi wisely and you'll never even get close to the 2 GB limit. I'm only paying 55 bucks a month. Just enter a family plan with a friend or family member. You both pay the unlimited text and minutes and your separate data plan. Try to pick your family/friend wisely, maybe they work for the military, hospital, or a student get a little price reduction. There are ways out of paying a fortune

As for wanting you phone to look like an IOS/android, same thing with a theme. Why do you want it to look different?
    Obviously you want something different than what the stock webOS theme looks like. Your taste may be more for the iphone "look", but you like webOS better than IOS.
    There are multitudes of factors for why you want your phone to look different.
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    I think the native WebOS UI is much more appealing that iOS and Android. No disrespect to those two, I just feel WebOS is best.
    - Verizon Palm Pre Plus UberKernel Screenstate 500/1000
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    "oh but your phone is cool too, and hands him a lollipop""

Luv it. lollipop was nice touch.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei VI View Post
    Use wifi wisely and you'll never even get close to the 2 GB limit. I'm only paying 55 bucks a month. Just enter a family plan with a friend or family member. You both pay the unlimited text and minutes and your separate data plan. Try to pick your family/friend wisely, maybe they work for the military, hospital, or a student get a little price reduction. There are ways out of paying a fortune

As for wanting you phone to look like an IOS/android, same thing with a theme. Why do you want it to look different?
    Obviously you want something different than what the stock webOS theme looks like. Your taste may be more for the iphone "look", but you like webOS better than IOS.
    There are multitudes of factors for why you want your phone to look different.
    I like my reason better.. No offense
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I have wondered that too. To each his own I guess but I have no desire to make my phone look like Android or iphone os.
    Coming from someone that has done skins for both TAKEphONE and Pocket-Tunes, I can say it's mainly the challenge of creating the graphics and a skin/theme that mimics that of another OS. To see how close you can get to making it look and act like something else that exists in another OS.

Android skin for TAKEphONE

iPhone skin for TAKEphONE

HTC Touch skin for TAKEphONE

Treocentral skin for TAKEphONE

HTC Touch media player skin for Pocket-Tunes
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    A: Because some people like how other UIs look. It's a personal styling choice.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast