1.    #1  
    Is there a keyboard shortcut to lock the Pre so that the PIN screen will come up? I have it set to lock after 30 minutes, but I want to be able to lock it immediately.
    so why not just set it to lock on power off???
  3.    #3  
    because I don't want to enter the PIN every time I power it off. But sometimes I want to lock it before putting it down.
  4.    #4  
    Wow, it is hard to believe that Palm left this out. Oh well...
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Set it to lock when the Screen turns off. You can then simply press the power switch once to turn the screen off and it is locked.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    this is something I could use too and completely understand the desire.

There are many of us that have corporate Exchange that requires a PIN. If you set the phone to lock on screen off then you are always entering your PIN. There are times I would like to not take my phone with me but it's not a good idea to leave it on my desk unlocked. Would be nice to be able to set the PIN lock to like 10 minutes but be able to "force" a lock.

It has been requested as a patch and no progress so I guess it is not possible.
    Dan
    My only thought would be to use mode switcher.... just set a mode to lock on screen off or whatever, switch to that mode when you want to lock instantly, then turn off mode when you unlock the phone
  8.    #8  
    I use mode switcher (but not for this). That might be the easiest workaround.

what I do now is simply reset the phone before I put it down. But I shouldn't have to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I use mode switcher (but not for this). That might be the easiest workaround.

what I do now is simply reset the phone before I put it down. But I shouldn't have to do that.
    You're right. You shouldn't.
    Wouldn't enabling/disabling Airplane mode be slightly quicker?
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Good suggestion but airplane mode doesn't lock the phone, just turns off the radios.

Mode switcher may be the best way - for now
    Dan
    Please let us know how mode switcher works for you.... not something I need, so I won't be playing with it, but combining it with the top bar patches to enable I have found ti quick and easy to change settings when needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Good suggestion but airplane mode doesn't lock the phone, just turns off the radios.

Mode switcher may be the best way - for now
    Sorry thought you were referring to the SIM lock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Wow, it is hard to believe that Palm left this out. Oh well...
    Teal have ported over TealLock which had multiple locking options in PalmOS, to webOS but they are waiting for US Gov permission due to the encryption they are using.

This is what it looked like on PalmOS:
    http://www.tealpoint.com/softlock.htm
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway