1.    #1  
    Ok, before anyone freaks out, here's what I HAVE done:

- I've read most of the battery solutions here and elsewhere
    - Facebook is manual
    - Less used email is every hour, most used every 6 hours (it's all junk usually)
    - Developer mode is off
    - Location services is off
    - Screen brightness is lowest it can be and turns off after 3 minutes

My phone is a Plus w/1.4.1.1. After that last update, the battery got much better and I was thrilled. In the last 2 weeks, though, my battery has rapidly died faster than I've ever seen one go. I charge it constantly at home because of this. At work yesterday, I thought I set it to airplane mode, and on lunch it had dropped to 13%. I don't leave it plugged in overnight, and every morning it's dead. I can't figure out what my phone is trying to do or who it's talking to for so long. Has anyone else noticed a rapid decline in battery life? Is this normal? I'm confused why in just the last couple of weeks my phone has had these problems.
    Either your battery is dead and in need of replacement,

or

you have some unknown process running constantly in the background. I am assuming you have tried hard rebooting (Power off unit + battery pull)? Have you loaded Battery Monitor to see how much your hourly drain? If the current draw is consistent with your short battery life, then you have an unwanted background process running amuck. If the current draw is consistent with longer battery life but your battery still gets empty fast, then you have a bad battery.
    My battery has reached the point where it reaches 50% then drops to 0% and shuts down shortly after.

I contacted Palm support about it today; they requested I do an erase and see if it helps. I did that and the vast majority of my contacts have not been resynced with my phone and my battery dropped to 0% from about 60% immediately following the restore. I'm in the process of trying to webos doctor the phone now, as advised by Palm Support should the erase not have helped, but am running into troubles with just trying to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedifarfy View Post
    Has anyone else noticed a rapid decline in battery life? Is this normal? I'm confused why in just the last couple of weeks my phone has had these problems.
    How old is your battery? Check out the Dr. Battery thread. You can download the app, see what your current battery health is and re-calibrate your battery to see if it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by electronic_chicken View Post
    My battery has reached the point where it reaches 50% then drops to 0% and shuts down shortly after.
    It sounds like a bad battery but try the above suggestion to verify.
    Change the backlight settings to 30sec, or back to factory setting.(1min) the backlight consume a lot of battery power. Also as forum member luau joe stated that you might have a faulty battery. You might wanna check that out.

You seem to have everything else covered in terms of batt consumption process.

Best of luck.
    I contacted Palm support about it today; they requested I do an erase and see if it helps. I did that and the vast majority of my contacts have not been resynced with my phone and my battery dropped to 0% from about 60% immediately following the restore. I'm in the process of trying to webos doctor the phone now, as advised by Palm Support should the erase not have helped, but am running into troubles with just trying to do that.
    That's overkill in my opinion, but sounds like typical Palm script reading. The first and easiest thing to do would have been to eliminate the battery as the cause. If you still had the problem, you could take the webOS doctor route.

Pre batteries are cheap these days. You can pick up an OEM Pre battery at Amazon for $8.45 (shipped), although the price has been fluctuating the past week or so.

Ebay has Centro/Treo 800w batteries for only $3.56 and free shipping, they work fine in the Pre.
    ^^^I agree 100%.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    HINT: Turn logging down.
    I would give Dr. Battery (can be found in Preware) and it's calibration a try - it should also show you how much life is left in your battery!
    give dr battery a try. Resetting my battery seems to have improves things
    your battery is busted.

I have the same issue, but mine goes from 30% to 0% instantly. It's obviously the battery for me. I've had my battery since Jun 09, and although 1.4.5 has improved the battery, it still goes to zero from around 30% and I have my phone charging all day long. It will die when removed from the charger in about 3 hours if I'm simply just texting. It's time for a new battery for me, and a lot of you guys too.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
  13.    #13  
    I'm going to do the battery pull now. It's shut itself off entirely, but I didn't pull out the battery at all. I have Battery Monitor already, but it always shows everything as zero. Once I get it back up, I'll get Dr. Battery.

The battery I have is the original one from when I bought the phone in March. The thing that concerns me is this all just started about 2 weeks ago with no warning. Fine one day, poo the next.

JF
  14.    #14  
    Oh how I wish I'd had Dr. Battery all along! So what I got from my battery info:

From Battery Monitor: After finally getting it to work, I found I lost 8-10% of my battery/hour. Didn't seem that unreasonable, but I did have all my settings basically off to do this.

Dr. Battery: I ran the battery down overnight (not hard), and got it started. I'd always wondered why it took no time to charge but died so quickly. My battery health never rose above 50%! The phone stopped the calibrating, so I didn't get it completely done, sadly. I did reset the health to 100%, and suddenly my battery was only half charged. Urg.

So, heading to Verizon to see if I can get a new battery. Doubt that will help, but I guess I'll at least have a back-up. I really like webOS, but this phone is not the best. I'm just hoping my issues are strictly a defective battery.

JF