Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I tried reading the numerous threads on this issue and just got overwhelmed. I'm not a techie. I have a stock Sprint Pre with a few apps from the app catalog, but no Homebrew apps.

My phone worked great until I downloaded the latest update. Ever since the download, I get the Memory Critical: Too Many Cards message constantly, even with no cards open. Sometimes it does it when I'm not even using the phone and it's just laying there (it just happened when I typed that, lol). What am I supposed to do when it tells me to throw away cards to recover, and there are no cards open? I've tried all the standard fixes: restarts, take the battery out, etc. Nothing fixes the problem.

How can I fix this?
    Short of installing a kernel that disables the TMC error I don't know how else to get rid of it. Uberkernel is in the stable feeds. I am actually running that one right now to see if I notice any difference than the Thuderchief.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    if you know how to get homebrew apps, get jstop. It will show you all the apps running in the background to help us find what is hogging ur memory.
    Shouldn't he try a visit to the doctor first? Before he gets too deep into it?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    Shouldn't he try a visit to the doctor first? Before he gets too deep into it?
    What do you mean by this?
    Interesting point you bring up. It has been a long time since I have seen the TMC notification pop up. Yet, as you have said since the recent update on Sprint I too have seen it pop up a few times. I can force the issue right now if I run Angry Birds, go on the web and play a you tube video at the same time. TMC's happens about 50% of the time. I have just started trying it with different levels of "over clocking" to see if it make any difference. At the moment it is to soon for me to make an educated conclusion. I am attempting to see if the Facebook or another app pinging is involved also.

Checking JStop is a great idea. But it can be a "catch 22". When the TMC happens you can't open JStop unless you close an app. You have to make a note of the one you close but make sure you close a different one each time you check since there could be an associate program/app that runs with the app you have closed.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by av1atrx View Post
    What do you mean by this?
    There is a program known as Webos Doctor that will restore your phone to stock. It leaves alone the files in your usb directory, and you will be able to automatically download the apps you had without having to pay for them again (not the homebrew ones, but you don't have any). It is often seen as a last resort because it does take some time.

Download the program here: http://ws.palm.com/webosdoctor/serialnumberinitial.htm

And here is a how to page:
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals G

I would actually try Uberkernel first. Quicker, easier, and speeds up the phone besides.
    One option is to restart webOS occasionally (like once a day). Orange-Sym-R will do this, or the homebrew Luna Manager can do a "Restart Luna" a little quicker. I believe there's an app that will do an auto-reboot at a specified time each day.

As others have mentioned, the UberKernel does a nice job of just about eliminating the TMC error. Even if you don't use the overclock (or just use a little speed bump) I think it's worth trying the modified kernel just for this problem.