1.    #1  
    Today went to snap a quick pic of a funny sign.. And I realized I really needed to roll up a small piece of my shirt to try and squeeze it in the hole where the lens is. Then i quickly realized that if the glass was actually flush with the case.. there would be no pocket dust buildup... Kinda annoying i now wipe the lens every time i take a pic (not that often) and it makes a big difference!

either way.... rant is over
    putting your phone in your pocket is a bad idea trust me i know i work in a cell repair shop... It gets all the dust plus sweat and sweat has lots of salt salt = corrosion that = phone death.... Just an FYI
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    putting your phone in your pocket is a bad idea trust me i know i work in a cell repair shop... It gets all the dust plus sweat and sweat has lots of salt salt = corrosion that = phone death.... Just an FYI
    Other than my pocket, could you recommend another location I could feasibly carry my phone in... one that isn't so dangerous?!

Seriously though, I'm curious: 99.9% of folks with phones must carry them in their pockets, so where should we be carrying our trusty handhelds?

Blo
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I guess I should stop putting mine in my bra in a pinch then huh?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreAngie View Post
    I guess I should stop putting mine in my bra in a pinch then huh?
    Where's the 'Like' button?
    i carry mine in a holster
    I'm going to keep my PP in my pocket even if it's sweaty and salty.
    PHEW - I love this place!!! Now where were we .....
    I literally get no dust at all
    When you need to get the dust off of your lens, PLEASE blow at an angle onto it to dislodge the harder particles that could be abrasive to the lens and possibly scratch it. THEN you can wipe it with the corner of a cloth.
    Prē
    I use holster and still clean clean lens often. Just seems to be a dust magnet.
    And I was using my pocket.....bra idea is much better!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I lost three Treos to failed holsters (Palm's and two other brands) so my Pre has seen nothing but my pocket since day one and it keeps fingerprints off the screen like nobody's business. No screen protectors either and it still looks shiny and next to new over a year later. I saw a much younger Pre with a screen protector the other day and it just looked a mess with all those peeling yellow corners... nope, I'll take my chances with my pocket.

That said, a friend was showing off the video quality of his iPhone 4 a few weeks ago and I was thinking how my Pre didn't seem to take good pictures anymore yet had such a great camera when it was new. Then it hit me, "Clean the lens man!" I'm now back to 100% satisfaction...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    I tried counting dust particles, but....they're just too small to count, so I dunno, let's say 32.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  15.    #15  
    Yea... it just annoys me that the lens is not flush with the unit.. where a lot of other phones its flush with case.. makes sense to me i just can't bring myself to wear a holster...