1.    #1  
    Help Please.
    plug it in via the usb to wall adapter or set it on the t/s is you have one
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    plug it in via the usb to wall adapter or set it on the t/s is you have one
    That^^^, also, if you plug it into a computer via USB it will turn on as well.
  4.    #4  
    ok thanks..
    I'd also recommend doing a search on a DIY fix for the power button failure which is a simple fix and will prevent you from possibly going into refurb land if you take it to Sprint.
    really, if you can get you hands on a different power button and swap them out you should be good to go. Otherwise, as another alternative solution to trying to fis it, the is an app in Preware called ScreenOff that works brilliantly.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Just FYI, the actual power button is just under the cover that you press. It's pretty easy to pry the cover off and try pressing the button underneath with something (like a pen). If the button itself is OK, then it's possible to fix the outer button by just putting a piece of paper or a piece of a rubber band under the cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    Just FYI, the actual power button is just under the cover that you press. It's pretty easy to pry the cover off and try pressing the button underneath with something (like a pen). If the button itself is OK, then it's possible to fix the outer button by just putting a piece of paper or a piece of a rubber band under the cover.
    I tried that with an ebay pre with a certain degree of success, but then I tried simply sawpping buttons with another phone and it worked flawlessly. I'd try going to a repair center and asking them for a button. You could probably get it for nothing.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    There's also a power button app. http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/screenoff It might help with the screen on/off part.
    Last edited by joliejolie0930; 09/06/2010 at 05:58 AM.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    Sprint replaced mine.
    yeah, same thing happened to my pre, a couple weeks after the warrant expired I might add. I tried the solution of popping the power button out and placing a piece of folded paper underneath the button and it works fine now. It no longer clicks, mind you, but it does the job.
    Helpful info at this link:

9 Simple Fixes for the Palm Pre | webOSroundup

Go to tip # 9.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)