Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    to a good post that gives step by step instructions how to doctor and be able to save and get back all my patches, themes, homebrews, etc?

Thank you in advance

I DID search, really I did...
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

the 'how to' in the WebOD Internals forum includes info on how preware backs up your patches.

I'll check back to see if you found the preware ghread.

also check out a preware app alled save/restore that can save data from some of your apps (i.e. Games).
    i would use the webOS repair utility before i doctor any day . it fixes ant glitches your phone may have . and if you put a check next to override compatibility it will restore your phone and remove all patches but leave all homebrew apps and regular apps alone. also if you open preware first and then open the drop down menu and tap on save package list and thenupdate the list you can go back afterwards and know exactly which patches you need to reload.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Load Preware, in the app menu tap Saved Package list then tap update. Open Save/Restore and tap Save application data. If you want to take it an additional step, get Pre Backup Utility open and tap Backup (will take some time). When it's done, save a copy of it on your PC. Now your all set to Doctor.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  5.    #6  
    Wow, must be because I just had a birthday and am now OFFICIALLY OLD, but its a tad confusing, to decide which of the apparant 3 options to try.

1. Remove Theme, Run EPR
    2. Remove theme Run Webos Repair Utility
    3. Save Package List/ Doctor

ok , for now I just removed the theme, and ran EPR lets see what I have left

OK, so reboot, looks like no patches, no themes. At least from looking at my launcher, and seeing 3 icons acrosss instead of 4. Loading up Preware now to see what it tells me

What fun... (sorta)

GRRRRRRRRRRr

ok back from EPR, now it shows only 4 patches, add/delete launcher pages, which cannot remove, errors, enable dialpad vibe, hide nascar and hide nfl?

All four of those error when trying to remove?

Am I FUBAR'd HERE?

Last edited by dianehelen; 09/05/2010 at 04:59 PM.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Once you doctor, that should all be cleaned up.

7.    #8  
    But is my whole list of patches gone?

I Pre

8.    #9  
    Running the webos repair utility now. Im sad..

I Pre

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    But is my whole list of patches gone?
    Running EPR removed them. If you didn't back them up, then yes, they are gone.

What I used to do, before the backup options were available, was to manually enter all my patches/apps/services, etc. into a Word document so when I ran EPR, I could check the Word doc to see which patches & apps that I needed to re-install.

Of course, things have evolved incredibly since then, but I still maintain that list.
    If you updated your Saved Package List before running EPR, then they will still be saved in Preware.

Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    If you updated your Saved Package List before running EPR, then they will still be saved in Preware.
    It didn't sound like she did that.

1. Remove Theme, Run EPR
    2. Remove theme Run Webos Repair Utility
    3. Save Package List/ Doctor

ok , for now I just removed the theme, and ran EPR lets see what I have left
  12.    #13  
    Well apparantly nothing got saved, and now i dont even see the option in preware for saved pkg list

My bigger concern now, is the 4 patches that remain, that cannot be removed.

Im running webosrepair now, but will that look at those errant patches?? Im thinking not, as its comparing files to the doctor, which of coures would not have the patch file info

How LONG does it take to run thru the webos repair util?

And next question, IF I just bit the bullet, which now doesnt seem to matter much, and Doctor the whole dang thing, will that leave my hombrews alone? I KNOW the patches are gone..

I Pre

Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    It didn't sound like she did that.
    Yeah I know, and I also meant to say Save/Restore.

Well apparantly nothing got saved, and now i dont even see the option in preware for saved pkg list

My bigger concern now, is the 4 patches that remain, that cannot be removed.

Im running webosrepair now, but will that look at those errant patches?? Im thinking not, as its comparing files to the doctor, which of coures would not have the patch file info

How LONG does it take to run thru the webos repair util?

And next question, IF I just bit the bullet, which now doesnt seem to matter much, and Doctor the whole dang thing, will that leave my hombrews alone? I KNOW the patches are gone..
    The Repair utility is time consuming. If you plan to Doctor, you might as well go ahead and save some time.

14.    #15  
    Any thoughts/suggestions on those 4 pesky patches that remain showing, but cannot remove?

I Pre

Any thoughts/suggestions on those 4 pesky patches that remain showing, but cannot remove?
    Have you tried re-installing them? If you still get errors, the best thing would be just to Doctor the phone.

It's really not as bad as it sounds. Then you can manually rebuild everything you had before, and once you get that done, let us know and someone can walk you through the steps of using saved package list in preware, save/restore, etc.
  16.    #17  
    Thanks Trekker.. and all

Well some progress. Tho I swear this thing is haunted.

I cant remove the add/delete launcher pages, but I WAS able to install the Adv,.Launcher config patch, and after it as installed, I guess the data was still there somewhere, cuz all my named pages, WITH their names, and icons came back..

I also reinstalled my theme, and other than the one file error that ALWAYS comes up with this theme, it did re install.

Now I am trying to remember patch by patch what I had.

I know I did that update save list, before the last update, but I dont see it in preware now? Was that something I actually had to install to be able to see?

And in case I have not thanked you guys enough.. I SOOO appreciate that fact that there is always some smart people around, ready and happy to help. You all SOO ROCK in my book.

I Pre

17.    #18  
    OMG, ok MORE WIERDNESS!

NOW when I open Preware the Saved Package list is THERE!

AND it has the WHOLE list of all my stuff?

Some have little green arrows next to them, some do not.

The ones that have the little green arrows, when tapped, show the Remove Option, the ones that dont show the Install Option

ANY FREAKING IDEA OF WHAT universe my phone decided to take a trip to today?

That Saved Pkg option was NOT in preware before...

Should I start just installing the ones that have the install option one by one?

I Pre

I know I did that update save list, before the last update, but I dont see it in preware now? Was that something I actually had to install to be able to see?
    I believe that once you update the saved package list in Preware, you have to use the Save/Restore app to save everything to your USB partition. It doesn't sound like you did that.

Check out the link below, it helps to explain how the Save/Restore app works.

Understanding the Homebrew Save/Restore app
    OMG, ok MORE WIERDNESS!

NOW when I open Preware the Saved Package list is THERE!

Should I start just installing the ones that have the install option one by one?
    Yes...that's what I would do, hopefully you'll be up and running quicker.

Did you get the 4 problem patches fixed?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast