Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    after owning a pre for about 4 months now some things I just dont get.

1) What is so hard about giving us an email system that works? Hotmail is still all screwed up, I used to pay $5 a month and got perfect email delivered to my phone with the verizon email by web client, but now its like a miracle if it works day by day.

2) Why do I need to rename the hotspot daily just to keep it working? I am so sick and tired of being told I am not authorized.

3) Why is the only button that matters on this phone unresponsive half the time?

4) no twitter for free? Really?

5) no official app for Yahoo fantasy football?

Hotmail, Hotmail, Hotmail..... it needs to be fixed

help me get through a few more months of this phone, maybe I am missing something that it does good? I know battery life wont be the answer
  2.    #2  
    I almost forgot, How about giving us a keyboard that actually responds to what we press? I am very tired of the letter "s" never working
    ssssssssssss... Mine works

--

Ok I'm on my computer and can type at a half decent rate now.

1. I agree the email is sometimes a little shady, but overall not a huge concern for me, I read mine half & half phone/PC

2. Don't use hotspot

3. Only button....which one would that be exactly??? If you mean the center button, you actually don't even need to press it for anything... a simple swipe straight up will minimize the card you are on OR open/close launcher. There's a thread entitled "Center button....who uses that anymore???" --check it out. ( Somebody suggested taking out the launcher bar in an earlier post and just using the wave launcher, and WAY cooler).

4. I don't tweet, so unimportant to me.

5. Don't think there are ANY fantasy football apps but I'm pretty sure I've heard mention of one starting up soon.

If you haven't tried Preware yet......I would suggest looking up this: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...es-themes.html

I have 85 reasons (for the moment) why I like Preware and my Pre, and hope you do to soon
    Last edited by sledge007; 09/04/2010 at 09:27 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, but yes I have tried to Doctor. The problems with this phone are enough to drive me nuts, something new everyday
    You said tried.. Did you or not?
  6.    #6  
    Sorry, I should explain, yes I have run the doctor, I still get the errors for the hotspot daily as well as the keyboard issues, but the one that drives me insane is that eas hotmail account just wont work right!
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    I really don't have any of the problems that you have and I'm pretty sure most other users here don't as well. My email comes in perfect without any problems at all. I use GMail's IMAP and really couldn't ask for more - And I am am a previous BlackBerry user. I tried Hotmail aka Windows Live Mail a while back and was unimpressed. No IMAP support doesn't sit well with me. I'm not sure if Hotmail has changed, so I can't relate to your issues.

As for Mobile Hotspot, I haven't really had any problems with it. I have never changed the network name. The only problem I have had is that when using it with one of my Linux netbook's, the connection would drop occasionally compared to using it with my MacBook.

I hardly ever use Twitter, but I think about using it more everyday because it is a great way to keep up with my favorite sports writers (A field that I may pursue after I graduate.) I haven't checked, but I'm sure Twitter has a nice mobile site, or you can even pull up the full site on your browser. Twitter just recently came to BlackBerry - a platform that has existed far longer than WebOS. If you really need a native app now, spending a couple of bucks for a third party one doesn't seem steep if you use it everyday. I think you will see a native Twitter app from Palm sooner than later.

Yahoo Fantasy Football - I thought I remember seeing some sort of app for it in the catalog, but I could be wrong. This isn't a major issue to me at all. I play in CBS Sports paid leagues and don't have a native app and use the full site on the Pre browser. I would love to have an app for it, but it isn't a major issue.

If you are unhappy with the phone, maybe consider something else. If you absolutely must have an app for all of the online services that you use, iOS and Android make more sense due to the fact that their app selection is much higher. There is no doubt that WebOS is behind when it comes to apps, but that's something that I can live with as WebOS matures and grows.
    - Verizon Palm Pre Plus UberKernel Screenstate 500/1000
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
    One more thing to do > run webos repair utility to see if there are any file(s) missing, or modified.
    Here:http://discussion.treocentral.com/ca...ty-v2-1-a.html.
    :-)
  9.    #9  
    thank you for all your time, I see a new thread on the hotmail issue that I will read up on there. For those of you who say you have not used twitter, give it a try, weather you are after sports or news it is the best!

Palm seams like a good idea but it needs to come a far way to be mainstream, im sorry to say it but I think I gotta shell out the 5 bills on the x
    Quote Originally Posted by mnotar91 View Post
    . . .

Yahoo Fantasy Football - I thought I remember seeing some sort of app for it in the catalog, but I could be wrong. This isn't a major issue to me at all. I play in CBS Sports paid leagues and don't have a native app and use the full site on the Pre browser. I would love to have an app for it, but it isn't a major issue.
    . . .
    I saw Fantasy Sports. That thread shows a link to request the app.
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I saw Fantasy Sports. That thread shows a link to request the app.
    Wow! Thank you very much for pointing me in that direction. I put in a request for the beta. Hopefully I get a chance to help test.
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
    People still use Hotmail?
    hotmail is so 5 years ago!!
    ever since I set up the exchange for hotmail it has worked perfectly, but no html obviously...

twitter, well spaz is a free twitter cliet and was one of the first apps available for webOS

fantasy football, suggestions have been made.

keyboard, mobile hotspot, I have a sprint pre, sorry no issues/answers here.
    I think there's also a poor man's twitter client patch on Preware. I don't do fantasy football either, I'm sprint as well so can't help ya with tethering, Keyboard malfunction sounds like something that needs to be addressed by Palm or... Verizon (good luck on that one). I have a hotmail account but i've never tried to use it through my phone since I mostly use it to catch spam.
    lolz. You folks still fighting your way around the Pre. I finally grew up and got a real phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAlien View Post
    lolz. You folks still fighting your way around the Pre. I finally grew up and got a real phone.
    Cool.
    Oh geez. Now you turned into a troll.
    these app developers are such a-holes for making us pay 99 cents for their software.

pro tip: if you want a free twitter app, make it urself.
    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
    these app developers are such a-holes for making us pay 99 cents for their software.

pro tip: if you want a free twitter app, make it urself.
    Yea, I don't quite get it either. $0.99 must be a lot of money to some people lol.

Anyway, back on topic!
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAlien View Post
    Congrats on growing up.
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast