Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Besides the are several free Twitter apps in the Catalog and Homebrew world.
    For twitter use Spaz it is free
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAlien View Post
    lolz. You folks still fighting your way around the Pre. I finally grew up and got a real phone.
    So why are you still here?
    Quote Originally Posted by dartmania2002 View Post
    1) What is so hard about giving us an email system that works? Hotmail is still all screwed up, I used to pay $5 a month and got perfect email delivered to my phone with the verizon email by web client, but now its like a miracle if it works day by day.
    The email system works fine.
    I have GMail and 3 pop3 accounts on my phone - no problems.
    So the problems you have might be Hotmail specific.

2) Why do I need to rename the hotspot daily just to keep it working? I am so sick and tired of being told I am not authorized.
    No idea. The few times I used M. Hotspot I don't remember having any problems.

3) Why is the only button that matters on this phone unresponsive half the time?
    Again works fine here - perhaps you button has a hardware issue. In that case exchange your phone.
    Or just ignore that button - it's totally useless anyway. Backswipe gets you back to cardview.

4) no twitter for free? Really?
    There are several.
    Plus the twitter website.
    Plus the commercial apps cost a few bucks.
    There is no problem here.

5) no official app for Yahoo fantasy football?
    That's one of your Top 5 problems with the Pre? ;-)

Hotmail, Hotmail, Hotmail..... it needs to be fixed
    Best way to fix hotmail is to ditch it IMHO.
    Why would anybody want to use it?

help me get through a few more months of this phone, maybe I am missing something that it does good? I know battery life wont be the answer
    You have Preware installed?

You don't like the multi-tasking?
    No use for Synergy?
    Vibrant Homebrew comunity who even replace the Kernel with one that can run your phone at *twice* the original speed?
    Which is possible thanks to the large degree of freedom that webos provides.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    after owning a pre for about 4 months now some things I just dont get.

1) What is so hard about giving us an email system that works? Hotmail is still all screwed up, I used to pay $5 a month and got perfect email delivered to my phone with the verizon email by web client, but now its like a miracle if it works day by day.
    get a gmail account and fwd your other email account to gmail. Use the imap push feature and you will have blackberry-like lighting quick pushed email that rivals verizons $5/mo rip-off feature.

2) Why do I need to rename the hotspot daily just to keep it working? I am so sick and tired of being told I am not authorized.
    Don't know...I use freetether

3) Why is the only button that matters on this phone unresponsive half the time?
    not sure what button you mean

4) no twitter for free? Really?
    so your willing to waste $5/mo for some needless email feature but you won't spend a one-time $2 purchase for a Twitter app... Really? ...Spaz was mentioned previously. It works great for free.
    Last edited by MilenkoD; 09/05/2010 at 06:48 AM.
    lolz. You folks still fighting your way around the Pre. I finally grew up and got a real phone.
    lolz you still read and post in a forum for a device you consider a fake. now that you've grown up, are you also going to get a life?
    having hotmail forward to gmail is a great solution. it might also be beneficial in keeping a lot of spam off of your device.

in regard to twitter, it isn't free, but i've always used Tweed, and last i checked it was on sale for just $.99 that is definitely money well spent. i tried a few others, including bad kitty, but i feel that Tweed really is where it's at.

the mobile version of twitter is not bad on the pre either.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    If you want a free twitter 'web app' try:

Hahlo 4.2

Seriously, it's better than most of the native apps.

Also, Hotmail has always used a wonky system for linking to POP/IMAP (if at all), so I'd hardly blame palm for that. I've had no problems using any normal IMAP email service with my pre plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    So why are you still here?
    +1
    good for you !! now go talk to your fellow aliens about your new phone. i hope the support is as good over there as it is over here ! lol ltm ltm lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I've never had to rename my MHS. I named it 'Mobile Palm Pre Hotspot - Cool huhN to make sure people know there is a pre nearby.

having to rename your MHS sounds like a PC issue, not the phone.
    thanks for stopping by. When I grow up I wanna be just like you!

what forum will I be able to find you on? One covering a phone you don't have, no doubt? LOL
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12