Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    my palm pres battery went from %22 to %0 in a second! I had to wuickly throw it on the charger. What's up with that? Never had that before. My pre is a year old. Have some patches and just installed uberkernel. Any ideas?
    Go to Preware...get the Dr. Battery app. use it to calibrate your battery. read that thread. and/or take your battery to sprint, they have a nifty machine to check if its damaged. assuming you are sprint.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    get the patch called "show actual battery percent" it does as it say instead of showing the gui percent maping
    If your overcloked, it seems like 32% close to zero. Lol
    Last edited by vza33; 09/04/2010 at 09:13 PM.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Its calibration problem.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Its calibration problem.
    +1
    Get Dr. Battery, it's available in Preware, as posted above.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    my palm pres battery went from %22 to %0 in a second! I had to wuickly throw it on the charger. What's up with that? Never had that before. My pre is a year old. Have some patches and just installed uberkernel. Any ideas?
    Take the time to read the Dr. Battery thread and recalibrate your battery using the Dr. Battery app.

It should fix the 22% to 0% drop and chances are your overall battery "health" has degraded but you may still get some useful life out of it.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I've seen the exactly the same thing. Overclocking eats my battery alive.
    That's the price you pay for speed.......same as driving a car....if you wanna go fast, you gotta pay the gas man
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Have battery monitor open when the phone is in the range of dropping. When the drop occurs take a screen shot of the cliff in the battery monitor graph. Take the phone to a sprint store, explain the situation, and show them the battery graph. I did this a few weeks ago and sprint gave me a new battery within a few minutes.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Weird same happened to me.

Post explaining mine here.

http://forums.precentral.net/2633402-post474.html

More on the issue and screen shots of 33% battery loss in a bit over a minute.

http://forums.precentral.net/2635375-post479.html

How to find battery health.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...r-battery.html

Turns out mine was at about half of original charge. Just got a new one off amazon . OEM for 8$ shipped theres some even less. Will try the battery doctor JIC. I think this is due to both poor battery and overclocking but its not normal battery rundown. As I said in my post 33% over a minute compared to 10-11 hours with normal overclocking before the issue started happening.
  12.    #12  
    I installed dr. Battery from preware. It says my battery health is at %55. There is a %5 diffeence battery state between what dr. Battery sayd and what the pre says. Will callibrating the battery make the battery last longer or does it just show an accurate battery reading?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I installed dr. Battery from preware. It says my battery health is at %55. There is a %5 diffeence battery state between what dr. Battery sayd and what the pre says. Will callibrating the battery make the battery last longer or does it just show an accurate battery reading?
    It will give you an accurate battery reading, so it would actually shut down when it really does hit 0%.
    I installed dr. Battery from preware. It says my battery health is at %55. There is a %5 diffeence battery state between what dr. Battery sayd and what the pre says.
    Install the "show actual battery percent" patch. The stock Pre will show 100% at the top whenever the battery is between 94% and 100%.

Will callibrating the battery make the battery last longer or does it just show an accurate battery reading?
    You will get a more accurate reading and prevent the battery from doing the "death drop" from say 20% to 0% in a few seconds.

But, if your battery health is only showing 55% or so, you need a new battery.
  15.    #15  
    if battery health is showing 55%, ya think I need a new battery? Where is the chepeast place to get a palm battery?
    don't go with the cheapest when it comes to stuff like that. Usually you are paying for quality. And anything less than 80% battery health is no good for thhe average user. IMO
  17.    #17  
    I have the phone a year and the battery doesn't last that long? That sucks. I'm not such a heavy user. Ah well. So where do I get a good battery from?
    So where do I get a good battery from?
    If you want an Official OEM Palm Pre battery, you can get one for $7.95 with free shipping from Amazon.

You can get a Mugen 1400 battery for $31.95 with free shipping, but it usually takes several weeks to get. I have one of these and have been happy with it. It's not exactly 1400 mAh, I think mine read 1363 mAh.

You can also get a Centro/Treo 800w battery off ebay for only $3.56 with free shipping. Despite some people's claims, this battery works fine in the Pre.

One thing, STEER CLEAR from anything with the Seidio label. From what people are reporting, they are selling 1150 mAH batteries (same as stock) and labeling them as 1350 mAh.
    Last edited by Trekker; 09/05/2010 at 09:47 AM. Reason: fixed links
    I have the phone a year and the battery doesn't last that long? That sucks. I'm not such a heavy user. Ah well. So where do I get a good battery from?
    I thought my battery was toast because of the same issue (but mine went to 0% from about 45%) and bought a new one - same problem with it. Your issue may be calibration as others have mentioned. This coupled with my having the "phantom touches" problem described in another thread led me to pick up an HTC EVO 4G that was available. I have used and loved Palm devices for many years and WebOS is great but the Pre's h/w issues have driven me nuts.

Dave
  20.    #20  
    $7.95 for an oem palm battery from amazon? Thought the battery would go for alot more. Sounds cheap. Can't go wrong with that
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast