Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Okay, so I was complaining in some earlier threads about my battery life, but the problem seems to be fixed. I took some of your suggestions about what to do, which helped a lot! First, I set my email to "as items arrive". Which I saw a small increase in battery life. Then I set facebook notifications to "manually" and there was some more increase in battery life. Thenn, I noticed that I ALWAYS have developer mode on. I shut that off and noticed and increase too. I decreased brightness a ton, it used to be half and now its about 5%. I hate having a dim screen, so what I did was edit the picture and make it bright, then sent it to my phone, and it looks just as bright as the default
    Thanks guys for all the suggestions!
    I agree that doing those stuff kinda increase batt life a little. The best battery consumption is to keep your phone charging at all times.. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    I agree that doing those stuff kinda increase batt life a little. The best battery consumption is to keep your phone charging at all times.. ^_^
    Nope the way to see absolutely zero drain is to turn it off
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    you sound like my wife.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Actually, your battery still drains when the phones off ...

Takes a long time, but still happens...
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    you sound like my wife.
    I can identify with that.....
    I put my phone in airplane mode every hour since my battery only holds 700 mAh now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    you sound like my wife.
    She's a very smart lady then
  9.    #9  
    Lol oh wow
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Thank you for the tips. I turned Facebook to manual, I didn't even think of that. I changed my weather app to update less often and did the same for my Sports Live app. I turned brightness down to 35% from about 50%. I may lower the brightness more, but also do not like a very dim screen.
    - Verizon Palm Pre Plus UberKernel Screenstate 500/1000
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
    A couple more tips; In location services, turn Auto Locate to off. Also turn off GPS. Any apps that require these will promt you to turn them on, on an as needed basis.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Turn Data off. With Sconixs advanced mod, that's in the device menu where Airplane mode used to be. Probably the most SIGNIFICANT battery life changer yet. I'm talking like 6+ hours of battery life.

But the only things you can do are Phone/Text.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mnotar91 View Post
    Thank you for the tips. I turned Facebook to manual, I didn't even think of that. I changed my weather app to update less often and did the same for my Sports Live app. I turned brightness down to 35% from about 50%. I may lower the brightness more, but also do not like a very dim screen.
    I know that's why I edited my backround to be alot better. Battery life is amazing now!
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    I know that's why I edited my backround to be alot better. Battery life is amazing now!
    That sounds like a good idea. When you use all of your daily apps and pull up the launcher can you see everything without any problems when in sunlight?
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
  15.    #15  
    yes, I can see everything perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Turn Data off. With Sconixs advanced mod, that's in the device menu where Airplane mode used to be. Probably the most SIGNIFICANT battery life changer yet. I'm talking like 6+ hours of battery life.

But the only things you can do are Phone/Text.
    This is the greatest battery saver you can find.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  17.    #17  
    This is how my screen looks with brightness decreased to zero, and the picture is edited.

Unknown_2010-04-09_212451.png
    Unknown_2010-04-09_212457.png
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    This is how my screen looks with brightness decreased to zero, and the picture is edited.

Unknown_2010-04-09_212451.png
    Unknown_2010-04-09_212457.png
    Very nice. I think I will try your trick and turn down my brightness some more.
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
  19.    #19  
    alrighty let me know how everything goes!
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    alrighty let me know how everything goes!
    I finally got my wallpaper to look how I wanted it to with brightness all the way down. I don't have Photoshop or anything so I downloaded a free image editor and did the best to my ability.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast