Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    it looks great! hopefully your battery life will show some progress I don't have photoshop either haha I used this thing called 'photo toolkit'
    Developer mode drains battery? How can I check if its on or off? Thx for help
    Quote Originally Posted by tr47 View Post
    Developer mode drains battery? How can I check if its on or off? Thx for help
    Lol. Dev Mode doesnt drain battery. I guess no one wanted to correct that.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    during the day at work i am in a location with no wifi and the my data signal is very week. i use mode switcher to turn off my data when i am at work -- leavin only the phone on -- this increases my battery life at least 10 - 12 hours a day -- i cannot recieve e-mails while i am at work anyway -- now my phone can go from 6 am till 10pm with 30 percent still left when i put it on the charger at night
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I just created a new mode on Mode Switcher that turns off my data connex when I connect to my home wi-fi. Since I work from home, that covers a lot of time for me. I'll be interested to see if it makes a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    I just created a new mode on Mode Switcher that turns off my data connex when I connect to my home wi-fi. Since I work from home, that covers a lot of time for me. I'll be interested to see if it makes a difference.
    i have mine set up the same way when at home -- not sure if webos turns off the data connection when connected to wifi by default or not -- it is a good idea to set it up this way --i have had it this way for a long time -- i also have a mode that turns off wifi when i have the phone setting on a touchstone during the day for when i am driving and one that turns everything off at night when on a touchstone. i think that mode switcher is one heck of an ap and especially in the battle against battery drain
    Last edited by mespiff; 09/05/2010 at 08:44 AM.
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    you can turn off only evdo to 1x and still get data and battery savings. It just won't be 3g speed but it's help me get through boring 12hr work days with my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    Would you be kind enough to share your settings setup for this mode?
    It would be greatly appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by PreDave View Post
    Would you be kind enough to share your settings setup for this mode?
    It would be greatly appreciated!
    i know you weren't asking me but mine are set like this

home mode
    all starts set to immediate
    in settings all connections set to enabled except data

triggers
    wifi network triggered when connected to my home wifi

my work settings are
    in settings everything disabled except phone

triggers is time of day and charger = no charger

no blocking on the work mode
    all modes blocked on the home mode

night mode
    settings all disabled as well as some volume tweaks to fit with timepiece

triggers are time of day + charger event touchstone any orientation

car mode is

settings
    screen 100%
    wifi off
    volumes all the way up
    musicplayer remix opens
    bluetooth auto connects

triggers are time of day and touchstone up or right

holster mode is
    data on phone on wifi off screen off

trigger is touchstone left ( phone sees the naztech holster as a TS)

no blocking

i have a few modifier modes as well such as a low battery mode that shuts everything down except the phone when battery reaches 15%

sorry if this is too much information
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    I have the Quick system tool and I have everything turned off except Wi-Fi, Phone Radio, and touchstone S.O. My screen and key board are set to 5%. Coupled with respective application settings like notification options and update frequencies, I have found these setting to save significant battery life. Since I utilize "Wall Paper Switcheroo", I am unable to manipulate the image of my wall paper. My Dev. Mode was always on but I just turned it off. (Thanks Palml0ver)

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
  11.    #31  
    you could change your keyboard brighrness? How so? And no problem (:
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    First, I set my email to "as items arrive".
    That is going to drain the motherloving crap out of your battery. That makes your Pre constantly check for mail. I have mine set to check once an hour, seems like a fair compromise since I rarely get email more than that.
    Honestly the best way to save battery is to install Govnah and change the settings to

Governor: Screenstate
    Min Frequency: 125mhz
    Max Frequency: 500mhz

So your processor sips power when you arent using your device (your screen is off)

The only issue with this is that if you use Pandora and your screen turns off the audio gets choppy.

But my battery lasts forever with the 125-500mhz screenstate
    Quote Originally Posted by timjhenry View Post
    That is going to drain the motherloving crap out of your battery. That makes your Pre constantly check for mail. I have mine set to check once an hour, seems like a fair compromise since I rarely get email more than that.
    Wrong!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

sorry i cannot imagine using the pre at 500mhz -- i use 125 - 1005 screenstate -- i am usin the t105 kernel and i et really ood battery life -- i agree also if you are not dependant on an e-mail account the loner between checks the better i have 5 accounts -- 1 every hour the others rane from 6 to 12 hours between checks.
    as to the keyboard brightness i use the patch that sets the keyboard to a set level -- 30% works great for me --
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Wrong!
    Care to explain?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Wrong!
    sort of wrong -- IMHO if you have a strong wifi connection then true this is not a valid statement but if you are in an area with spotty 3g coverage then this can contribute vastly to a lare battery drain number -- I have spent a lot of time with battery monitor and various configurations to come up with my theory
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by timjhenry View Post
    well it seems like your the only one who disagrees. Obviously if I see a significant increase in battery life, then its right. I, like you, also had it set to '1 hour' and changed it. Ive even read around on several forums and found that setting it to 'as items arrive' increases battery life. Soo.. Yeah (:
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    you could change your keyboard brighrness? How so? And no problem (:
    I downloaded "Brightness Unlinked" and it has a key board and Screen control.

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Nice tips in this thread! Thanks
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast