1.    #1  
    I am on my 4th pre due to hardware failures etc.
    With my current pre, the proximity sensor is a mess. It blacks out the screen when upto my face, but constantly blinks when not near my face. Has anyone found a fix to this? I just cannot stand the thought of reloading all my apps, data, patches, etc for the 5th time!!

Is there a brilliant, generous developer out there who can disable it or something thru an app or patch?
    Thanks.
    fortunately, preware can ajtomatically restore your homebrew stuff to make it simple to replace your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lstern6 View Post
    I am on my 4th pre due to hardware failures etc.
    With my current pre, the proximity sensor is a mess. It blacks out the screen when upto my face, but constantly blinks when not near my face.
    Do you have any type of screen protector on the phone? Sometimes those have been known to cause issues with the proximity sensor.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I would also like a way to disable the proximity sensor. I put my Pre into a water proof pouch when I am in a boat (rescue work). I can use my Pre just fine except when I am on a call, the proximity sensor turns off the screen so I can not hang up the call. Anyone have a way to turn off the proximity sensor?