1.    #1  
    I'm an original Sprint Pre owner who's been following Precentral and all the forum threads from the get go. Though I saw many people tweaking their Pres with patches, homebrew, and kernals, I felt hesitant.

Well, I finally did it. Installed webOSQuickInstall -- very easy -- and then start installing a ton of patches, like 4 icons per line, date, SMS/IM date and time stamp, opening new cards for SMS/IM, battery %, virtual keyboard, landscape for email and PDFs, monthly view default for calendar, and others.

I also downloaded Preware -- also very easy to do, and added a bunch that way, including Uberkernal and Govnah!!! I'm currently doing Screenstate 500/1000. I have noticed certain apps loading faster, like the camera app and google maps, but others I still notice the same lag.

Finally, I even tapped into the homebrew community. Awesome stuff.

Just want to let anyone out there who's hesistant about tweaking their Pre with patches, homebrew or kernals, that you have nothing to fear -- it's very simple, took me less than 10 min.

I can't believe I waited this long! Anyhow, thanks to everyone who's written about this, offered tips, advice, and contributed to the homebrew and internals community.
    here comes the addiction...
    once you go homebrew, you will never go back.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Sounds good man!! I am extremely knew with the Pre and everything (Bought it last night). Is this the guide you followed? h t t p ://w w w.precentral.n et/how-add-homebrew-apps-patches-and-themes
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandam500 View Post
    Sounds good man!! I am extremely knew with the Pre and everything (Bought it last night). Is this the guide you followed? h t t p ://w w w.precentral.n et/how-add-homebrew-apps-patches-and-themes
    Yup, that's the one. Very easy. Also, there's another post on adding Preware. You wanna add Preware -- add the virtual keyboard through that. For some reason didn't work for me when I tried to add the VK through QuickInstall.

I also just added the Hyper Fast Card Loader -- definitely does make it seem like, if not actually, load the apps faster! Love it!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by corolla90 View Post
    Yup, that's the one. Very easy. Also, there's another post on adding Preware. You wanna add Preware -- add the virtual keyboard through that. For some reason didn't work for me when I tried to add the VK through QuickInstall.

I also just added the Hyper Fast Card Loader -- definitely does make it seem like, if not actually, load the apps faster! Love it!
    Sweet! I followed all the steps and also got Preware up and running! Downloading/Installing Uberkernel now! I will take a look at the Fast Card loader too!