1.    #1  
    I just noticed that an icon called "First Use" appeared on my launcher. I've had my pre since June of 09. Was this an icon that came on the phone at purchase and has re-appeared, is it malware? I didn't download anything with this title, and couldn't find any threads on the subject? I'm hesitant to launch it. Any help would be great. I've added a screen capture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cuz you installed the Advanced Config for App Launcher patch. Just hide it.
    For some reason the recent update of the Advanced Launcher Config patch unhid this icon... just do an Orange (gray square for Pre +) + tap and then chose hide.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by housetube View Post
    I just noticed that an icon called "First Use" appeared on my launcher. I've had my pre since June of 09. Was this an icon that came on the phone at purchase and has re-appeared, is it malware? I didn't download anything with this title, and couldn't find any threads on the subject? I'm hesitant to launch it. Any help would be great. I've added a screen capture.
    Sconix's Advanced Configuration App Launcher patch un-hides a few app icons that Palm had hidden: devmode, usb pass-through, phone prefs and first use.

You must have just installed that, right?
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the responses.
    thanks yall!
    I would just like to take a second to hijack this thread and say that the advanced configuration patch is probably the best patch to ever come out of homebrew.
    An Iphone walks into a bar with a Palm Pre on it's shoulder. The bartender looks up and says, "Hey, that's pretty cool, where can I get one of those?" and the Palm Pre says "Hipstertown, they're all over the place"
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    ha ya i had the same confusion.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I noticed today on my home page an icon that was a present box labeled 'First Use'. When I opened it it just opened to a picture of a sky. I ended up hiding this icon but I still have no idea where it came from and what it was for. Any ideas?
    First use is the app that opened when you first used the Pre and it had that little demo where it taught you gestures... no clue why an icon showed up for it
    Most recent Advanced Configuration patch update unhid it.

Just go ahead & hide it again, won't hurt anything.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    A similar thread exists with this same question:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...up-my-pre.html
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    <<threads merged>>
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    in my case i want this first use app to show.. any work around??
    Yes, look for threads by arturthornton. He wrote patches to show the FirstUse icon.
    I think he wrote one for each language version.