Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    so lately I've been having some problems getting my vista computer to recognize my pre. more specifically it can't find the driver software(asks for a cd??)

1st: novacomd is the driver software correct? or if not what is it and what is.

2nd: i tried to reinstall novacomd but no help, so i tried to completely uninstall it, but even though it is uninstalled, the service is still running (task-manager-services). this seems weird to me so how can i completely remove novacomd from my computer so i can reinstall a fresh version?

3rd any ideas what could cause driver software not to be recognized?
    Last edited by 3rdsurfer; 09/04/2010 at 09:18 AM. Reason: clarity
    Try a different USB port...I find the 2 fronts that I have work on occasion, as well as 2 out of the 7 I have in the back. I was having problems getting my PC to find my PRE but now I know which port to plug in to, I don't have that issue anymore.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    nope none ofthe ports work. they can know that something is connected but not how to use it. when i plug it in i it tells me it could not find driver software
    not sure if this will work but try to completely uninstall again and then reboot your computer and then try to reinstall (by plugging your phone in the back of your computer)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Check through these drivers: Palm Driver Download -- Open Drivers. > if you have any other problem after installing novacomd: Novacomd can be install via webosQI.
    Did you unlock it recently? If so did you disabled Diagn mode after (not developer mode)?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    ya i think it may be in diag... and lookey there a web os bug that makes it hard to get out of... so i see some stuff about using the "terminal" app in preware to get rid of it. may i ask how?

im using my intense google skills to try to find it, but you guys may be faster
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    alright so turns out the winner is daig mode. although im not sure how you could tell from the stuff i said you were right. also thanks all for helping with what i thought was the problem ha
    Great.
    I had the same problem...