Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Currently running the uberkernal but want to try the Dagger. Do I need to remove the patches and govnah to install a new kernal? I realize I have to uninstall uber and install the recovery kernal first.......
    Quote Originally Posted by fwarchol View Post
    Currently running the uberkernal but want to try the Dagger. Do I need to remove the patches and govnah to install a new kernal? I realize I have to uninstall uber and install the recovery kernal first.......
    It is not necessary to install the recovery kernel. Removing the uberkernel will reinstall the stock kernel anyway.
    It is up to personal preference whether you carry out that step.
    All that is needed is:
    1)Remove uber
    2)Restart pre
    3)Install dagger
    4)Restart Pre

Pip
    The recovery kernel is not necessary unless there is some issue - it was created as a backup. To change kernels , you use Preware to uninstall one, Restart, then install the new one with Preware and restart (as Pip explained). Recovery kernel not needed for this.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/04/2010 at 09:52 AM.
    You spelled *kernel* wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    The grammer police strike again.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Good lord... I was in a hurry and didn't know I was going to be graded.

BTW... you didn't put a period at the end of your sentence.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post

BTW... you didn't put a period at the end of your sentence.
    NICE!
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    You forgot the eyebrows on your smiley... Lol I think that would be fun, to just go around and grammar/spell check posts. BTW, I was just joking about the eyebrows(I know some people are a tad sensitive).
    To be on the safe side. Install the default recovery kernel first. Restart and then install the new kernel. Just to avoid the restarting loop. I like to be extra cautious about these kernels.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    To be on the safe side. Install the default recovery kernel first. Restart and then install the new kernel. Just to avoid the restarting loop. I like to be extra cautious about these kernels.
    Ditto, Ive been throught this before and it sucked when it went wrong. I always use the recovery kernel first just to be safe or you will wind up spending more time trying to fix a problem that could have been avoided........
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    The grammer police strike again.
    that's a spelling error, not a grammatical error
    A grammatical error would be "You spelled *kernel* WRONG" as opposed to "You spelled kernel INCORRECTLY.

The capitalized word is an adverb modifying the word spelled.
    Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by switchedgear View Post
    Ditto, Ive been throught this before and it sucked when it went wrong. I always use the recovery kernel first just to be safe or you will wind up spending more time trying to fix a problem that could have been avoided........
    This what I do. I am an ex-developer, so I know that all kinds of strange things can happen, but they can be neutralized by taking this kind of precaution. It won't hurt, and can help.
    Prē
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Good lord... I was in a hurry and didn't know I was going to be graded.

BTW... you didn't put a period at the
    end of your sentence.
    Touche!