1.    #1  
    Here is the update on whats going on.

People are going to Sprint.com setting up a username and password, and linking your account number to that new username online. You will get a message from sprint saying:

"enter the code ******(whatever code) to finish the PIN process. Sprint personnel will never ask you for this code; for your security, do not share it with anyone."

As soon as you get it, you will recieve a phone call with a person claiming to be from Sprint asking you for the code, and your zipcode. Saying they are testing something to stop spam txt messages.

I forgot the process of adding an account online, so like a re*ard i fell for it lol, i had a feeling like wait i don't think this is Sprint lol. I hung up on them the first time, then the 2nd time i gave in lol. Anyway be careful.
    Last edited by gselsidi; 09/03/2010 at 04:40 PM.
    Are you talking about getting a text from a number that is only like 5 digits long saying "Try our new (whatever) Click this link"? Because I've received a few of these and wasn't sure if they were legit or not.
  3.    #3  
    Yea guys be careful, if you get a txt msg saying "enter the code ******(whatever code) to finish the PIN process. Sprint personnel will never ask you for this code; for your security, do not share it with anyone."

You will get a call from someone claiming to be from sprint asking for it DO NOT GIVE IT TO THEM! THEY WILL HACK YOUR ACCOUNT!!! PUT THIS ON THE FRONT PAGE TO WARN EVERYONE.
    Quote Originally Posted by gselsidi View Post
    Yea guys be careful, if you get a txt msg saying "enter the code ******(whatever code) to finish the PIN process. Sprint personnel will never ask you for this code; for your security, do not share it with anyone."

You will get a call from someone claiming to be from sprint asking for it DO NOT GIVE IT TO THEM! THEY WILL HACK YOUR ACCOUNT!!! PUT THIS ON THE FRONT PAGE TO WARN EVERYONE.
    Do people really need to be warned? Are people that ignorant that they would reply to such a message with the requested information?

I'm thinking that the Nigerians would already have already gotten to them by now.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Do people really need to be warned? Are people that ignorant that they would reply to such a message with the requested information?

I'm thinking that the Nigerians would already have already gotten to them by now.
    Uhhh the message is from Sprint itself, and they call you claiming to be Sprint.
    <<Handful of Posts Deleted>>

Aren't y'all a bunch of hilarious comedians! Please refrain from perpetuating American stereotypes, being unnecessarily rude and stay on topic.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    If you didn't solicit something from Sprint that involves setting up a pin, then it is wisest to ignore such texts. If you get a ton of them then contact Sprint and let them know of the problem.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Just an additional note, if you used email on a prior Sprint phone and didn't log out of the accoubt, before switching phones, it will result in your sometimes getting weird texts.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post

Why do you have to single out Nigerians? That generalization is extremely offensive to the 130 million plus citizens.

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    Quote Originally Posted by activedodger View Post
    Why do you have to single out Nigerians? That generalization is extremely offensive to the 130 million plus citizens.
    Please see post #6 of this thread. Specifically the part about staying on-topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by activedodger View Post

Just guessing it's a reference to the known internet scheme that has been around for a long time now.....
  12.    #12  
    Hello, this is Mrs. White, I am a christian missionary in nigeria i need to wire you $1,000,000 euros that my late husband left to to give to a stranger. Then when i wire that to you the nigerian lottery has your winning ticket for another 1 billion dollars lol
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    If you didn't solicit something from Sprint that involves setting up a pin, then it is wisest to ignore such texts. If you get a ton of them then contact Sprint and let them know of the problem.
    Best not to ignore, best to call customer service and report it to Sprint.