1.    #1  
    Waiting on the mail now so excited. Any tips I should know
    There are a lot of tips. ^_^ depending on what you're looking to do. Here is a link for you to read: Start HERE: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-welcome.html.

Enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by hjr954 View Post
    Waiting on the mail now so excited. Any tips I should know
    There are several ATT Pre+ threads over in the GSM forum. That's where I would start. That is also were I started as I was waiting for ATT to release the Pre+ on May 17, 2010. A very exciting day for me.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Welcome to PreCentral and the world of webOS! A good place to start is here: http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...stop-here.html

Enjoy!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    You see hjr954, there are a lot of choices here on the forum. The best thing to do is to get familarised with your phone, and read all about the capability of what your phone is capable of. Note: Preware should be your phone's best friend.

Once again, welcome to the Webos World, and the Precentral Forum. ^_^
  6.    #6  
    so I just got it do all the pre plus slider mechanisms close slow?
    Be sure to check out the interactive web page by AT&T(the instructions will be in the box) it shows you the basic features. Also Palm has an interactive web page as well.
    leave apps open! i dont and i cant break my habit. I close them when im done but if i left them open i would have everything done faster. So yeah

LEAVE THE APPS OPEN! lol
  9.    #9  
    thanks im really enjoying it even stock havent loaded anything on it yet besides my contacts probably gonna put preware on it tomorrow. Im so glad I didnt go Android
  10.    #10  
    I love this phone even though I only payed 100 I woulda payed 250 for it if i had to
    Quote Originally Posted by hjr954 View Post
    I love this phone even though I only payed 100 I woulda payed 250 for it if i had to
    This is only the beginning. Once you go deeper into the rabbit hole, you will discover that the Pre and webOS is priceless.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    remember: keep apps open! (like phone, messaging, email maybe, just whatever u use often)
    Get a few more touchstones, they can be had pretty cheap online if you search.

Here are some of my favorites:

Faster card animations
    Add delete launcher pages
    5 x 4 version 2
    Flashlight in deveice menu
    Screen Off
    auto speaker via proximity sensor
    No auto answer on touchstone removal
  14.    #14  
    Cheese may I ask why you say keep apps open does it benefit me in any way?
    I presume he means that to get you used to multitasking, and save you the second or so it takes to relaunch the apps you use alot.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheese3915 View Post
    remember: keep apps open! (like phone, messaging, email maybe, just whatever u use often)
    Agreed. You won't truly understand until you do it. For example when I wake up in the morning I open these apps and keep them open all day:

Phone
    Email
    Messaging
    Twee
    Engadget

At night I close all of them.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  17.    #17  
    I figured out what he meant last nite when I was texting an kept closing the messaging app
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    get into the world of homebrew and patches, etc asap. also go ahead and overclock (uberkernal) i'm disappointed i waited so long to do this myself. so use that preware
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Some of the best apps include:
    1. Pandora / Slacker
    2. Asphalt 5
    3. Engadget
    4. Facebook
    5. BadKitty/ Twee/ Tweed for Twitter usage