1.    #1  
    When entering text in an email or when entering a url on my palm pre plus, it would be much easier if the pre had up, down, left and right arrows to navigate. I find it not as accurate to use the touch screen in order to place the cursor.

Am I missing something? Is it possible to do this from the physical keyboard?

Thanks
    Hold orange Key and navigate to any direction via "swiping"
  3.    #3  
    I knew that method. I was just hoping that there was a way to do it without swiping.
    Is there a patch that adds this functionality that anyone is aware of?

Thanks for your help, though!
    Quote Originally Posted by warpusall View Post
    I knew that method. I was just hoping that there was a way to do it without swiping.
    Is there a patch that adds this functionality that anyone is aware of?

Thanks for your help, though!
    I'm not sure.. Visit preware and scroll through> you might find something else that you want.
    Like forum member Mahatma Ganja suggest. Hold orange Key and navigate to any direction via "swiping" This the option I'm also aware of right now. ^_^

Have a nice day.
    Really? I'll have to try that. It will be a heck of a lot better than spending 5 min. on how to move the damn cursor to the end without accidentally sending the damn txt prematurely.
    My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    just get close, delete a few extra letters and retype them. It's faster than trying to place the cursor in the exact right place.
    this might be of some use to you...

http://www.precentral.net/tab-betwee...using-keyboard
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    This is one of the biggest annoyances I have with webOS. The cursor placement is way too sensitive, and when I remove my finger it jumps a few letters almost every time. It is usually faster for me to just retype the damn thing. The other thing that makes it really annoying is that you can't use this method with your finger in the gesture area, and it HAS to be done on the screen, which means if the text is on the lower part of the screen (which it usually is) you can't even see what you're doing. I swear, sometimes it's like nobody even used the device before they released it.
    Wow, I'm surprised folks have such trouble with the Orange Key edit function ... basically it turns the whole screen into a touchpad-mouse and seems to be pretty accurate and work well for me.

Having said that, it does seem that they could modify the Orange-Delete key to just move backward one character at a time (which is the thing you want to do most often). Right now I believe it just does the same thing as the regular Delete key.
    for more sensitivity with the orange key/navigation try rolling your finger rather than swiping/dragging it...
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    for more sensitivity with the orange key/navigation try rolling your finger rather than swiping/dragging it...
    It's the lifting of my finger that causes problems. I have one of the "drag radius" patches installed (I think 10px) which doesn't help, either.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    This is one of the biggest annoyances I have with webOS. The cursor placement is way too sensitive, and when I remove my finger it jumps a few letters almost every time. It is usually faster for me to just retype the damn thing. The other thing that makes it really annoying is that you can't use this method with your finger in the gesture area, and it HAS to be done on the screen, which means if the text is on the lower part of the screen (which it usually is) you can't even see what you're doing. I swear, sometimes it's like nobody even used the device before they released it.
    Swipe the top of the screen instead?