Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I work in the POS industry, driving crazy distances, working on terminals, dealing with angry managers cause a printer is down, etc...And I constantly see waiters and waitresses on their phones, being sneaky and sometimes not.

I've personally have only seen 2 pre's in the wild other than my own. One Verizon and one other sprint. I talked to both of them, the sprint guy was heavy into homebrew like myself, and the Verizon was a guy who got the phone cause of the form factor, not knowing anything about the OS or how incredible it was.

I got a chance to talk to him, I showed him my phone (73 patches and counting) and he was blown away. He complained it was kinda boring, and was considering taking it back for an Android phone (yuck) and I showed him precentral, a few links on the site and told him to email me in a few days what he did. Fourty some patches and an UberKernel (500/800) later, he's loving his Pre+ and is psyched about the tablet and upcoming 2.0 launch (along with new hardware we hope)

Any one else have a story of a conversion or something similar?
    nice! I wish I had a similar story. I really don't know any other pre owners.
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    nice! I wish I had a similar story. I really don't know any other pre owners.
    Same deal here. All of my friends are Android users...
    - Verizon Palm Pre Plus UberKernel Screenstate 500/1000
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
    My girlfriend is a big webOS user and Preware fan... she's got nearly as many patches as I do and recommends me new ones on many occasions!
    Saw a girl at my school with a pre plus not sure if it was at&t or verizon but I didnt want to say anything cause I would have looked like a weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    Saw a girl at my school with a pre plus not sure if it was at&t or verizon but I didnt want to say anything cause I would have looked like a weirdo
    or nerdy.. orrrr you could have just asked.. "how do you like your phone? I added a bunch of things to it to change it around.. but what do YOU think about it (act like you like it but aren't sure... BOOM. Worse case she just ignores you, and you'll prob never talk to her the rest of your life anyway!
    Okay. You've motivated me. I told someone at work to check out Precentral, but I should have done more. I'll see if I can find her next week and I'll take the next step. Of course there is the problem that I'm management and line staff usually get leery when I come towards their cubicles unless they're located near my office. This person isn't located near my office.

Doesn't matter how much we chat, network, and joke with staff if you make an unexpected visit they still think "what did I do" first.
    my grl got me into the pre n i got her into preware and all the cool stuff that comes with it. also my new neighbors saw my fone and i showed them everything i do and all three got one i went to a reunion 2 weeks ago and left everyone there (android blackberry and iphone 4 users) jaw dropped they couldnt believe an older phone did so much and so elegantly and fluent.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VenpaCasa View Post
    my grl got me into the pre n i got her into preware and all the cool stuff that comes with it. also my new neighbors saw my fone and i showed them everything i do and all three got one i went to a reunion 2 weeks ago and left everyone there (android blackberry and iphone 4 users) jaw dropped they couldnt believe an older phone did so much and so elegantly and fluent.
    Your Mario theme is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by acidhax View Post
    Your Mario theme is awesome.
    lol thank you man its a mario theme found in preware with a wallpaper i found here:
    ((Pre-Wallpapers.com)) The Best Palm Pre Wallpapers on the Internet. Updated Daily. - Home
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I think I am going to the dark side
    would not want to use the pre+ without the 40 patches i've installed. work at a fast food place, and i have recommended P|C to some of the customers i've seen with a pre
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakrauf View Post
    Why and how can I (and the rest of the community) change your mind?
    Got a family on Sprint. The children on 1pre, 2pixi. They love them patches. All you gotta do is explain to them what this phone can do and how well it can do it. Synergy is a big selling point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakrauf View Post
    Don't feel so bad. I purchased my first android device, the EVO and I'm still impressed by it. Palm was cool while I had it but it's not there yet. I would still go back if they impressed me enough.

My opinion, go dark side... At least try it out. Android is fun to customize.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    I have a sad story...

A friend of mine got a Pre about a month after I got mine, he loved WebOS... but hated the phone. Went through about ten of them (I am on my third... He just had terrible luck with his) and gave up and got an iPhone 4. he is happy with his iPhone... but admits that he misses WebOS, especially the multitasking... In fact just today he was saying how his iPhone doesnt do things in the background when "multitasking" and i defended his iPhone proving that it did (at least loads webpages in the background) haha.

Cant wait for better devices!!
    Well, every week I see more and more webOS devices. Over the last two weeks some people I have spoken with ask me what type of phone I have and I show them. They then say "Oh, my friend has that phone". So the population is growing.

But I also get people in my office that come to me about tech stuff, some whom are looking for new phones and they ask me to show them the ins and outs of my phone. I don't use Preware. I have a stock Pre+ on ATT. When I demo the phone for those people they're impressed. I show them normal stuff that a normal user would need. I show off what I can do with my Verizon Fios app, Ancient Frog, Smiles, Smart Runner, Facebook & Wells Fargo. I scroll and flick and swipe and they love it.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I just got 2 friends of mine to switch to webOS - after months of "work"
    One gets a Pre immediately (he is not the uber-poweruser) and the other one waits until new hardware (he is a uber-poweruser and I suggested to wait).

I found out, they needed a person (me) that had a Palm for some time and wanted to see if this person likes it. And they needed several demo-times with my device, some 3D games, apps, etc..

So one killer criterium is to know somebody who knows how things work and can tell them that it is good.
    I'm up to 11 "sales" so far of Pre\Pixi (mostly Pre) and no complaints except for 1 that had a defective battery that was dead in 2+ hours. After getting it replaced, has been perfect. About 1/2 of them patch the others are not "power user" types but revel in the Synergy and multitasking cards. Sadly only 2 are jebusphone converts, the rest WinMo, BB, and feature phones.

(I should work part time as a sprint salesman... lol )
    Please don't flame me on this. Evryone around these parts claim that webOS is so easy and intuitive to use (which I do believe). If that is the case, why are they flying off the shelves? Is it because of the completely blown marketing and advertising it's ease of use by Palm? Is it the spirit of the "creepy lady" ads coming back to haunt webOS?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast