Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    how many of you guys on here transferred from the helio carrier to sprint and got the pre?i know i did. i got my pre on craigslist. it was a trade for an 8gig ipod touch and some bluetooth headphones. and i got the pre, charger cable/usb. and the touch stone. and a car charger. so whats your tory on how you got the pre aside from if you had helio?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnatki View Post
    how many of you guys on here transferred from the helio carrier to sprint and got the pre?i know i did. i got my pre on craigslist. it was a trade for an 8gig ipod touch and some bluetooth headphones. and i got the pre, charger cable/usb. and the touch stone. and a car charger. so whats your tory on how you got the pre aside from if you had helio?
    I used to have Helio... I went from the Hero to the Heat to the Ocean. After having the Ocean for a short while, I quickly realized that Helio was going downhill. They used to have some of the best phones available. For some reason, they stopped caring and would wait long periods of time before releasing new phones. Their handsets quickly became outdated. The final straw was when they released the Ocean2. What a worthless phone that was lol.

I kinda feel bad for them since I really liked the company, but ultimately they caused their own demise. Helio could have been so much more...
    Garrett, that sounds like the Pre, to me.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I used to have Helio... I went from the Hero to the Heat to the Ocean. After having the Ocean for a short while, I quickly realized that Helio was going downhill. They used to have some of the best phones available. For some reason, they stopped caring and would wait long periods of time before releasing new phones. Their handsets quickly became outdated. The final straw was when they released the Ocean2. What a worthless phone that was lol.

I kinda feel bad for them since I really liked the company, but ultimately they caused their own demise. Helio could have been so much more...
    i completely agree. they were a bad *** phone company. i even got me a job with them, selling the damn phone. i had a heat, hero, 4 oceans, mysto. i soooo wanted the kickflip. but oph well. they so could have been much more...but oh well. they were also sprints puppet. sprint would use them to bring out new plans to see how they would work out...if they were liked...then sprint would launch their own. at least that's how i understood it.
    What was Helio? What was so special about them?
    I grabbed an Ocean when it came out!
    I loved that phone and still use it for my alarm every morning.

It had 3g even before people knew what 3g was.

Then I switched to sprint for the Pre. I was able to save about $25 a month and I got a state of the art phone.

Man if there was a way I could use the ocean on sprint for a backup phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonPre View Post
    What was Helio? What was so special about them?
    Are you serious?
    This is HELIO
    I remember hanging out at Heliocity all the time. Petre001 (or something close to that) was Helio's equivalent to rwhitby lol. He would always find a way to get the best J2ME apps to run on our phones.

Remember when we finally got Opera Mini running on our Helio phones? That was a great day haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    Garrett, that sounds like the Pre, to me.
    Well... yea. lol

The difference is that Palm got bought out and seems to be making a comeback. Helio just suffered a slow and miserable death lol.
    Helio failed to innovate...that i why they died.

Say what you will about Palm, but even without new hardware their OS can, not only stand up to, but trump its competitors.

I hope with all the webOS 2.0 news that people will finally seethe OS for what it is, the best and most versatile mobile OS out there!

WEBOS TRAIN!!!!!!!
    chooCHOO!
    Helio Ocean > Touch Pro > Pre. I'm getting the urge to get an Epic simply because I'm tired of my phone's hardware. I love WebOS and hate Android as operating systems but the wait for a new phone from HP with no guarantee of state of the art hardware is starting to wear me thin.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    yeah opera mini was like the most exciting for me. I didn't like how https//petree001 or whatever it was went under. I guess petree gave it up. Like helio gave up on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I remember hanging out at Heliocity all the time. Petre001 (or something close to that) was Helio's equivalent to rwhitby lol. He would always find a way to get the best J2ME apps to run on our phones.

Remember when we finally got Opera Mini running on our Helio phones? That was a great day haha.
    damn, i used to want a helio phone so bad. i would spend hours on the helio site just reading and re-reading everything and looking at the pics and stuff, lol. when they were going on though, money was super tight so i pretty much was just using the same nextel phone i'd had for 3.5 years.

i was just thinking about helio the other day and wondering where they went.
    Helio had the worse advertisement EVER!.."Myspace Mobile". They made it sound like they invented myspace mobile. They might have as well forcefully patented it.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    I was on helio for 2 years then switched to sprint to the samsung instinct for 1 year the got the pre. Have had it since october 2009
    I dug up my old ocean and hero awhile back the ocean was so pimp back then now I laugh at it.
    I remember when helio first came out. I just remembered i wanted one of their phones. Ended up getting a BB pearl on At&t instead, i was devastated at such a young age :P
    I also stole a sticker from their stand in the mall and put it on my ipod. Still there today haha.
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    I WAS a HELION. I use to work for a authroized tmobile dealer that also did helio so i had half off my rate plan. I had heat first then got the Ocean. I actually stwiched to sprin for the Instinct cuz that was suppose to be the iphone killer hahahaha too funny....

I also use to be SUPER active on HoFo on the helio thread. there were abdout 15-20 of us that were on the forum daily. I know some peeps that worked for heliocity tho also
    SCK Manager
    A bill collector called me yesterday trying to get me to finish paying off the early termination fee I acquired after switching over to Sprint. lmfao.
    Quote Originally Posted by TMed_ATL View Post
    I also use to be SUPER active on HoFo on the helio thread. there were abdout 15-20 of us that were on the forum daily. I know some peeps that worked for heliocity tho also
    Heliocity was the place to be if you were into Helio lol. I've never really liked HoFo too much...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast