1.    #1  
    Is it possible to rename files in the music app? Clicking on a file just opens the music player. Is there something I'm music or a patch?

thanks!
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by warpusall View Post
    Is it possible to rename files in the music app? Clicking on a file just opens the music player. Is there something I'm music or a patch?

thanks!
    You can rename files on the phone by plugging it into your computer in USB mode, and then navigating to the particular file and renaming it, or by installing Internalz on your phone (homebrew app), but I'm not sure "renaming" a file is what you're looking to do. If you're referring to the name of a song displayed in the music app while it's playing, that's likely info that's stored in the ID3 tag of the music file, and not the name of the file itself. If you can provide info on the name of the file in question, it's extension (i.e. - mp3), and what you're seeing displayed in the music file, I or someone else on the forums might be able to better help you achieve whatever you're looking to do.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I'm using zcorder...basically, I was hoping to be able to rename the zcorder voice memo files so that they will be easier to keep organized. I know about the usb option, but was hoping there was a way to do it directly on the pre.

I have never heard of internalz before. What exactly does it do? I will check it out.
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by warpusall View Post
    Thanks. I'm using zcorder...basically, I was hoping to be able to rename the zcorder voice memo files so that they will be easier to keep organized. I know about the usb option, but was hoping there was a way to do it directly on the pre.

I have never heard of internalz before. What exactly does it do? I will check it out.
    Internalz is definitely what you're looking for then. Check it out at http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/internalz.
  5.    #5  
    just downloaded it. that is perfect! Thanks you!