Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    can anyone help me view word documents on my palm pre. i tried to sent it it via email and download it but it did not work.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I have an app that came with the phone called DOCVIEW. That's what it uses to open word docs.. by default.

I also have something from the App Catalog called SCRATCH WORD PROCESSOR ($4)which can load up docs from google docs or html files. Worth checking out.
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnatki View Post
    can anyone help me view word documents on my palm pre. i tried to sent it it via email and download it but it did not work.
    If you can provide some detail on what "did not work", we might be able to help troubleshoot. For example, what is the name of the document, what file extension does it have (i.e. - doc, docx, etc.), did you get any sort of error message, etc. As pmcardle indicated, a standard Word document should open by default with DocView.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    If you can provide some detail on what "did not work", we might be able to help troubleshoot. For example, what is the name of the document, what file extension does it have (i.e. - doc, docx, etc.), did you get any sort of error message, etc. As pmcardle indicated, a standard Word document should open by default with DocView.
    sorry. i wrote that in a hurry. and that does not help at all. i try ti download it from an email and it gives an error message along the lines of can not view document. and i do try to use the docview. im not sure of the file extension. its my resume from word. it has been saved from wordpad before microsoft word. then saved to a word document. i dont know. it would be nice to just view my resume and sent it from my pre while on the go.
  5. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnatki View Post
    sorry. i wrote that in a hurry. and that does not help at all. i try ti download it from an email and it gives an error message along the lines of can not view document. and i do try to use the docview. im not sure of the file extension. its my resume from word. it has been saved from wordpad before microsoft word. then saved to a word document. i dont know. it would be nice to just view my resume and sent it from my pre while on the go.
    If you open the resume on your computer using Word, and Choose Save As, you can find out exactly what the resume is named, and what the file extension is (it will show it to you on the screen). If you can post that back, it will be helpful. For example, even though you saved it in Word, Word can save a document in Word Perfect or other file formats. It may be that whatever format you saved it in is not compatible with DocView. Perhaps try saving it as Resume.doc, and then proceed as indicated in bold in the next paragraph.

Further, I'm not sure what you mean by "i do try to use the docview". You shouldn't be trying to use DocView, but rather when you click the attachment in your e-mail message to yourself, the phone should automatically try to open it with DocView without your having to indicate what software to use. Another option for you to try would be to attach the phone to your computer is USB mode, and just drag the Resume document onto the phone. Then, after ejecting the phone from the computer, open DocView on the phone, and see if the Resume is listed as a file that can be opened. If it can't be opened that way, then there's something about the Resume file itself that is not compatible (likely the file extension).