1.    #1  
    In the phone preferences I have entered dialing shortcuts several times, but they do not save. When I go back into phone preferences to confirm my entry, it is blank.

For ex, when dialing 5 digits, I want it to dial 786-66.

Anyone else getting this? Thoughts?
    Thanks
    I don't understand what you are trying to do here. do you want to hit 12345 or whatever and have it populate the full 1234567890 ? maybe i'm missing something, is it a pause you want to enter and then have it auto dial some code?

a little more info would be useful, (or perhaps more knowledge on my part, i could be missing something obvious)
    FYI I don't seem to have an issue with the prefix dial feature, which i think is what you mean. IE if you dial five didgets, 12345 you have the phone pre set to do something like xxx-xx1-2345 automatically. seems to work for me when i set it just now.

edit: now if i go in and look at the preferences, i don't see the preference as set, however, if i do dial a 5 digit number it auto populates the prefix correctly still, even after closing and re opening the phone. have you tried just dialing the five digits?
    Mine apparently gets saved, as it shows when you dial a number.. but it does NOT display in the Phone Preferences...

So, same boat as windzilla...
  5.    #5  
    i stand educated. I just tried and it worked. So the fact that it doesnt display in the phonhe preferences, doesnt mean it didnt save.

thanks guys

Sprint Pre-
    UK Screenstate 500/1ghz
    Mode Switcher--RULES !!!
    Advanced preferences by Sconix
    Lots of patches