webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > Unlocking a Palm Pre Plus - An amalgamation of threads on the topic
Unlocking a Palm Pre Plus - An amalgamation of threads on the topic

Old 08/26/2010, 04:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Do i need for unlock Pre (nextgenserver) a working sim card from provider?
kaszalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/26/2010, 06:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

So i want to buy a Pre (UK version) and i want unlock it on: Nextgen Server Home of Remote Phone Unlock, Treo, Blackberry Unlock Code Server, Sony Ericsson, Motorola, HTC, Huawei, USB Modem, Unlock your cell phone to any network in real time online.
My question in:
Do i need for unlocking Pre a sim card from provider (UK, I Don't know a provider yet. Probably O2)?
kaszalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/2010, 02:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

good soultions
bigboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/01/2010, 01:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hi forums,

has anyone (UK) bought an unlocked Pre from expansys and been able to get it to work with a non O2 sim?

Mixed messages on the forums on unlocked Pre's working out of the box or having to mess with network settings.

Just wanted to know.

Thanks folks.

Darren
dazr3526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2010, 07:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

I really like the palm pre plus and am looking to get the palm pre plus from AT&T and unlock it for use in Malaysia. What is the best way to unlock the phone, as I have seen some solutions online.

Is there any know issues with unlocking the phone?

Also would there be any problem for me to upgrade the OS in the future and will it effect the phone? Would I need to unlock the phone again?
jedijd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2010, 07:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

<<Thread Moved>>
Old 09/02/2010, 09:26 AM   #7 (permalink)

I don't thing they have stock at all my last experience in july when I order one, they keep delaying and their excuse is palm delaying their order, I was made to wait 1 month until I just csnt stand it anymore I cancel my order and get one from other place for 230 pounds with shipping
amuroray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2010, 10:23 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijd View Post
I really like the palm pre plus and am looking to get the palm pre plus from AT&T and unlock it for use in Malaysia. What is the best way to unlock the phone, as I have seen some solutions online.

Is there any know issues with unlocking the phone?

Also would there be any problem for me to upgrade the OS in the future and will it effect the phone? Would I need to unlock the phone again?

You won't get any HSDPA if you use AT&T Palm Pre Plus other then AT&T itself. You will only get EDGE speed. Because AT&T network radio somewhat differs from others.

You can do update even not use AT&T, and don't have any bad effect on the phone, except you only get EDGE speed, no need to unlock more then once even after update firmware. But make sure you already unlocked it before use it outside AT&T.
The Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: jedijd
Old 09/02/2010, 11:33 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazr3526 View Post
Hi forums,

has anyone (UK) bought an unlocked Pre from expansys and been able to get it to work with a non O2 sim?

Mixed messages on the forums on unlocked Pre's working out of the box or having to mess with network settings.

Just wanted to know.

Thanks folks.

Darren
Yes. I have.
Old 09/02/2010, 01:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
You won't get any HSDPA if you use AT&T Palm Pre Plus other then AT&T itself. You will only get EDGE speed. Because AT&T network radio somewhat differs from others.

You can do update even not use AT&T, and don't have any bad effect on the phone, except you only get EDGE speed, no need to unlock more then once even after update firmware. But make sure you already unlocked it before use it outside AT&T.
Thanks for the useful information.

An additional question. Would it be any different if I get the model from Verizon? Would this allow me to connect with my carrier with 3G/HSDPA connectivity?
Old 09/02/2010, 02:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijd View Post
Thanks for the useful information.

An additional question. Would it be any different if I get the model from Verizon? Would this allow me to connect with my carrier with 3G/HSDPA connectivity?
Verizon is cdma carrier, so you won't get gsm version if you want buy from verizon. But if you prefer cdma over gsm, then verizon is the best option to get pre plus. You can get full speed EVDO using any carrier you want. But keep in mind that CDMA version never have SIM card. So you need to find a way to inject your phone number to the phone.
The Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: jedijd
Old 09/02/2010, 09:20 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
Verizon is cdma carrier, so you won't get gsm version if you want buy from verizon. But if you prefer cdma over gsm, then verizon is the best option to get pre plus. You can get full speed EVDO using any carrier you want. But keep in mind that CDMA version never have SIM card. So you need to find a way to inject your phone number to the phone.
Thank you very much.
Old 09/14/2010, 03:45 PM   #13 (permalink)

I can't believe that there is no free way to unlock an AT&T GSM pre?! You can do it on the more closed iPhone! Am I wrong?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0