1.    #1  
    Has anyone experienced their pre screen turning on randomly? It started with the last version before 1.4.5 but ignored it hoping the update might fix it. I doctored in the last version is when it started...any solutions?
    I had an issue like this but it was a hardware problem. Headphone jack head something haywire in it and if it would get pressed on it would turn the screen on. The phone just sitting in my pocket was plenty of pressure to turn it on.
  3.    #3  
    That helps me out...I have been battling stuck in headset mode even though I haven't plugged in a headset lately. Very lame..
    Quote Originally Posted by llpeterson View Post
    That helps me out...I have been battling stuck in headset mode even though I haven't plugged in a headset lately. Very lame..
    Yeah you're probably having the same problem my phone had. It was having the headset problem as well and I didn't ever plug headphones in. A few days later it started to sound like the external speaker was blown and I had to get a warranty replacement. I'm convinced the blown speaker thing also has something to do with the headphone jack problems. Seems to me the headphone jack only partially disengages, leaving the external speaker only making partial contact and therefor quiet and staticky.
    I have been having this issue for the last month or so. I thought it was related to overclocking but I doctored my Pre and it was still happening. Although, I just overclocked again and it is occuring way more frequently now.
    I had this problem recently and after cleaning my headphone jack I realized that it mustve been a headphone jack problem because if I stuck the q tip too far into the phone the screen lit up. I previously thought it was either overclocking or that system preferences patch.
    I have the same hardware problem, but haven't been able to fix it.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    I had this problem recently and after cleaning my headphone jack I realized that it mustve been a headphone jack problem because if I stuck the q tip too far into the phone the screen lit up. I previously thought it was either overclocking or that system preferences patch.
    In this instance, the phone will normally light up when you plug in a headset when its screen is off. You probably triggered that mechanism.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    In this instance, the phone will normally light up when you plug in a headset when its screen is off. You probably triggered that mechanism.
    Yea I know, but I realized what must've happened was it was triggering itself because without me doing that the screen was randomly turning on about every 5-6 minutes.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I know - my phone has done that, too. Oddly, it's only occasionally. I believe a Restart helps, though.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    mine does this too- and unlocks itself. i have not found a solution but would appreciate any help!