Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    There is no doubt how much I love webos but come on hp, we need something more thats available to everyone. Pretty soon Im gonna be giving up my pre whether it be for a new palm phone or android, they really need to step it up and move with the times, the reason android is thriving is because of their selection they have so many phones out right now vs palm who has 2 phones...

    Software updates arent a big deal for me, 1.4.5 didnt seem like it ended up deserving all the hype it got, and 2.0 doesnt sound as exciting as everyone says, the point is I have phone fever and with this slow release process that is for some reason happening with both software and hardware isnt doing any good
    Last edited by manordwall; 09/01/2010 at 04:57 PM.
  2. #2  
    have you not been reading the main PreCentral page?
  3. Olidie's Avatar
    Posts
    385 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    #3  
    Get in line...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    have you not been reading the main PreCentral page?
    Yes I see that supposedly a webos 2.0 is coming out but thats a software update, and I have seen the rumors about the new phone on verizon but because Im on sprint that means nothing to me, I want new hardware not repeated delays of software with no real word of new phones not just semi upgraded versions that are nearly the same
  5. #5  
    well, I think you should be able to live without imediate gratification for another few months. it builds character. to me the rumors about the new hardware will keep me patient for a loooong time. besides, I still like my Pre.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    There is no doubt how much I love webos but come on hp, we need something more thats available to everyone. Pretty soon Im gonna be giving up my pre whether it be for a new palm phone or android, they really need to step it up and move with the times, the reason android is thriving is because of their selection they have so many phones out right now vs palm who has 2 phones...
    Something tells me that a company like HP, who makes billions and billions of dollars a year in profits from it's world wide activities, has a guy or 2 on this.

    HP is a tight liped group-o-guys....they aren't about to go off all half cocked. They bought a sinking ship (in a manner of speaking) and once it's ready to leave dry dock we will all be invited to break champagne on the bow. Until then....

    .....chew on this http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...on-thread.html
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by olidie View Post
    Get in line...
    I was 5th in line last year ! At 6 am .. Ah good memories. I bet I'm the only one from that group to still have webos.
  8. NitOxYs's Avatar
    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    Yes I see that supposedly a webos 2.0 is coming out but thats a software update, and I have seen the rumors about the new phone on verizon but because Im on sprint that means nothing to me, I want new hardware not repeated delays of software with no real word of new phones not just semi upgraded versions that are nearly the same
    Palm's NDA on everyone who develops the phones to management have cracked down on every bit leakage there is. It's still a small company, but you'll be getting stuff soon. If you read my posts in the C40 thread, you'll know that Wait 1-2 months and SPRINT will have something for you from Palm.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
  9. #9  
    I do understand how you must feel right now, I feel like that sometime - but when I get to that point I just come on here, and find something to do. After the new phone(s) come out, you won't even remember this thread. Be patient everything happen in good time.

    Have a nice day. ^_^
  10. #10  
    the OP has been a PC member since june. I hope he isn't tired of his pre in just a few months. Hopefully he was a long time listener since last year.

    otherwise the next palm phone will be boring before president's day
  11. #11  
    I've had my pre since December and I just can't bring myself to abandon webOS. Its just sooooo much better to use than my previous WM phone. I agree though Palm needs better hardware. The quality of the pre is wearing me down. As soon as Palm releases new hardware I'm upgrading no doubt. Love me some webOS, the hardware could use some work.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I was 5th in line last year ! At 6 am .. Ah good memories. I bet I'm the only one from that group to still have webos.
    You should have shared text numbers or e-mail so you can test that theory. Barring that, there are still plenty of launch day Pre adopters that are still with the Pre. For me, it's because I love the device and had I not switched carriers, I wouldn't be able to upgrade until June 2011 anyway. Thus, they have until June 2011 unless my phone dies.
  13. #13  
    Dear OP have fun with your new iPhone lol.
  14. #14  
    Another day, another I need a new phone post, yawn.
  15. #15  
    Please tell me that you've had your Pre since before June 2010. (first post date).
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Please tell me that you've had your Pre since before June 2010. (first post date).
    Yeah I got it in like January, before the big smartphone boom getting a new phone wouldnt have been a big deal for me but because a phone that needs help from homebrew out of the box in order to get it up to speed with the current phones (dont get me wrong I love webos and how easy it is to use) is my phone... well it would be nice to get something new maybe more reliable and doesnt need superglue
  17. #17  
    A $600 device can't get you further than 9 months?

    Somebody's mommy never said no...

    There's more to life than shiny new stuff. Relax.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    A $600 device can't get you further than 9 months?

    Somebody's mommy never said no...

    There's more to life than shiny new stuff. Relax.
    This is where the sad part comes in, even after a year the moto droid being now almost outdated compared to the other android devices is still going for over $200 for a used one on ebay, the palm pre however even 3 months ago at a year old it was around $100 on ebay, I know ebay isnt the most reliable for price checks but thats pathetic, and your post isnt even remotely correct the palm pre would never be worth $600 to be honest no phone actually would be, plus I earn my own money so it wouldnt matter what my "mommy" says it
  19. dec
    dec is offline
    dec's Avatar
    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    #19  
    Im ready for NEW HP/Palm hardware as well. I can hold out to 1st QTR for the tablet, but as a first day PRE owner, I'm real antsy to get my hands on the next version of the Pre or whatever it will be called.

    My challenge is the phone is a bit beat up and I don't want Spring to give me another one and NOT be excited about me upgrading when the next one comes out.

    I have got friends who bought the Droid when it launched that are upgrading to the new Android products. I still think the WebOS product has the best potential and confident HP is gonna change the game, BUT I'm ready for this to start happening.

    HP/Palm, if you are listening --- H U R R Y!

Posting Permissions