Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    The EPic launched today and nthey announced 4G in Providence, RI! Must be some kind of conspiracy!!!!

Grrrr.....taking slow breaths.......re-reading all the great WebOS 2.0 stuff.....
    I take it you don't live in Providence? However it anchors the 36th largest metropolitan population in the country, with an estimated MSA population of 1.6m. Sounds like a reason to go live to me.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I take it you don't live in Providence? However it anchors the 36th largest metropolitan population in the country, with an estimated MSA population of 1.6m. Sounds like a reason to go live to me.
    I'm pretty sure he means the opposite, i.e. he lives in RI where 4G was just announced, and Sprint has just released a nice 4G device to take advantage of that.

OP, I say go for it. You have 30 days anyway, and if you surpass that, I'm pretty sure the resell value for the Epic would still be in the $400-$500 range by the time Palm releases something new.
    Well that went right over my head didn't it?!

Don't do it! 2 days ago I might have said what-the-heck but after all this 2.0 news and the leaked content I saw this morning (before it was pulled) webOS 2.0 is going to rock.... and with new hardware to run on.....well I can't see how it could be anything but impressive.

Just one guys opinion.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by relic419 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he means the opposite, i.e. he lives in RI where 4G was just announced, and Sprint has just released a nice 4G device to take advantage of that.

OP, I say go for it. You have 30 days anyway, and if you surpass that, I'm pretty sure the resell value for the Epic would still be in the $400-$500 range by the time Palm releases something new.
    +1
    Go have fun man. You know Palm is going to be in it for the long haul now, so you will have something to come back to. And who knows...maybe Android will suit your needs better or you will fall in love with the Epic. Don't worry, you're not cheating or anything. It's just a freaking phone after all. =)
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/01/2010 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Edited for language. Keep it PG-13 please
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    What new hardware? was there a leak I missed? Or we all just hoping new hardware comes along with 2.0...
    I'm referring to the inevitable new hardware, that we don't have any info on or a release date for.

<<Thread Renamed>>
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/01/2010 at 04:06 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I'm referring to the inevitable new hardware, that we don't have any info on or a release date for.
    You're absolutely right about that...(An unaviodable event) which will be happening very soon. ^_^
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    +1
    Go have fun man. You know Palm is going to be in it for the long haul now, so you will have something to come back to. And who knows...maybe Android will suit your needs better or you will fall in love with the Epic. Don't worry, you're not cheating or anything. It's just a freaking phone after all. =)
    I know, but if I use my Premium upgrade now, and then Palm comes out with a killer phone in a month or three then I am basically stuck with the Epic until a year goes by.

I am consoling myself by waiting at least until the Epic gets Android 2.2\Froyo. I believe it ships with 2.1\Eclair.

I just have to keep on being patient, though that Epic is close to being the perfect phone......other than no WebOS, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyndall View Post
    I know, but if I use my Premium upgrade now, and then Palm comes out with a killer phone in a month or three then I am basically stuck with the Epic until a year goes by.

I am consoling myself by waiting at least until the Epic gets Android 2.2\Froyo. I believe it ships with 2.1\Eclair.

I just have to keep on being patient, though that Epic is close to being the perfect phone......other than no WebOS, of course.
    Here's my thought, if say Palm had failed or gotten gobbled up by a company that wasn't moving forward, my next phone would be the Epic. I won't leave Sprint (unless something changes majorly to make another carrier fit my needs better), so the Epic is the only phone I would look at the replace my Pre. With that said, I would hold out, wait and see what HP/Palm comes out with, if nothing new by closer to end of year is announced, then go for the Epic, it will probably be at least $50 cheaper by then and you won't have to deal with the early adopter issues.

I know people buy Cell Phones when they first come out all the time, same with cars..... I am a believer in if you can hold off wait for the 2nd year (or in cell phones a couple production cyles), bugs do get worked out and things get a lil more refined. If you buy when it's brand new, everything may be fine, or you may end up with something with issues.... always better to give it a lil while so you can make that educated purchase.

Yeah, but if you wait three months and Palm still has nothing announced. Then you jump to the Epic only to have Palm announce something at Christmas time, then you are stuck with a Pre for 3 months and then Epic for 12 months. And what if something is announced an available in early December only to have it on VZW and/or AT&T and Sprint is left out in the cold winter weather?

Why not jump now and live with Android for a year, millions of people can't be too wrong.

While I do believe new hardware is inevitable, my personal feeling is there is no way new hardware will come within the next two months. I am think December at the earliest.
    I also live in Providence and had to shut down my computers today because twice i was one click away from buying an Evo and Epic.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    4G arrived in my backyard but not in my house. I have to go outside to tuurn on my overdrive for 4G.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts

That's the ticket! I want to see webOS 2.0 before I do anything hasty and you would be wise to do the same.

Like you I to am considering an upgrade to the epic, but it must have 2.2 and no palm phone by nov then I get my switch on. If you can't wait, then well you know what to do.
    Nooo, don't leave now. Actually jesting a bit. If you find a phone that suits your needs, get it, try it out. As suggested you colud always sell it and cover the cost of new palm hardware when it comes.. Me, I LOVE webos and have seen nothing in android to switch for. Holding out on my sprint mid june 09 pre for new hardware. Looking forward to 2.0 webos.
    I think I can taste the 4G something seems different in the air.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Yeah, but if you wait three months and Palm still has nothing announced. Then you jump to the Epic only to have Palm announce something at Christmas time, then you are stuck with a Pre for 3 months and then Epic for 12 months. And what if something is announced an available in early December only to have it on VZW and/or AT&T and Sprint is left out in the cold winter weather?

Why not jump now and live with Android for a year, millions of people can't be too wrong.

While I do believe new hardware is inevitable, my personal feeling is there is no way new hardware will come within the next two months. I am think December at the earliest.
    They may not be wrong, but they could be settling or having buyer's remorse. If you're someone who's been happy with your Pre, you're probably also someone who'll have buyer's remorse if you get the Epic. Stick with your plan. You have nothing to loose. Remember, if you were with another carrier, you'd have to wait til 6/2011 to make the choice. If you're not ready to drop kick your current phone, keep it.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Sigh. Hanging tough, but boy that Epic is sure a beauty.

Heading back into my bunker and hoping that Sprint sells out of Epics soon.

(Evo is just too big for my taste)
    Sigh. Hanging tough, but boy that Epic is sure a beauty.

Heading back into my bunker and hoping that Sprint sells out of Epics soon.

(Evo is just too big for my taste)
    Man, I'm feeling the same way you are.
    I don't like landscape Keyboard. (sigh)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast