1.    #1  
    I've had my Pre Plus for a few months now and haven't had any issues with it at all (aside from the buggy GPS we all know about...but that's a VZ issue). Within the last week my phone has started emitting a high-pitch sound at times when on the Touchstone, started getting stuck in headset mode and just last night while I was talking on the phone using my Bluetooth it randomly starting switching to regular mode.

VZ is already sending me another one so I'm just waiting on that to get here, but this has me a little worried about making it to 12/11 without having to buy a new phone.
    That sound when charging is normal. The higher your volume control is the louder that ding sound is. There is a patch in preware that allow you to disable that noise. I don't remember the name of it right now.

As for stucking in headset mode, that's a very common vexatious problem for a lot of forum members. You can read this:http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...sound-fix.html.

I hope you have better luck with your new phone. ^_^
    Sounds like those are things that would be covered under the manufactures warranty, specifically the getting stuck in headset mode ( as well as the auto-switching of modes ). If things like that keep popping up, keep sending the phone back. There are a few people out there from what I've read that are on their 4th and 5th phones. Me, personally, am getting my 3rd today (YAY!)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    That sound when charging is normal. The higher your volume control is the louder that ding sound is. There is a patch in preware that allow you to disable that noise. I don't remember the name of it right now.

As for stucking in headset mode, that's a very common vexatious problem for a lot of forum members. You can read this:http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...sound-fix.html.

I hope you have better luck with your new phone. ^_^
    well, its not the normal alert sound you get when you initially place the phone on the touchstone...its a constant high-pitched squealing. its not super loud, but you can hear it a few feet away. seems to only do it when its on a full charge, but it makes me wonder if its bad for the phone somehow.