Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well the telethon is under way, you can donate here: http://donate.webos-internals.org/
    When you do post the amount (if you feel comfortable enough to do so.)

I will not be able to help much with this sadly, a lot has come up.
    Reason: http://forums.precentral.net/2753207-post197.html

We all know that the home brew folk, or as is the developers can be doing such an often ungrateful job especially with WebOS. I think those who have continue to be faithful to WebOS by choice know what an awesome phone it really is... Well mainly so the OS. What truely make this true is the people WebOS Internals. The folks that brought us the truly amazing kernels with a much higher CPU clock rate and of course Preware.

So this brings me to my point... As of the week prior of and after thanksgiving in the US (the launch home of the Pre and pixi as well as most likely the largest market share) which lands Thursday, the 25th of November (Meaning November 18th to December 2nd) ... We will truly show our thanks to those who help make our phones truly amazing... How you may be asking, by donating what we can, which is the main reason of the heads up so people can stash away a bit of money with Christmas coming up for such a worthwhile cause in my and others opinion (those who still think WebOS is an amazing OS)...

So bookmark this thread (will contain updates) or even pm me your email address and I will start a mailing list as a reminder, most likely to a chipin widget. That does not mean you should hold out on donating. You should donate when you can.

After a talk to rwhitby this money will likely go to purchase of 2nd gen WebOS devices to those amazing folks that make it all possible for us to have such amazing phones.

Thanks for being interested...

Banger/iWinRar

PS: My birthday is November the 13 so instead of getting me that wonderful gift you were going to get me, donate to the telethon instead

Edit- Very likely to be moved up. See: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2707384 for why.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 11/20/2010 at 06:02 AM.
    im in. we gotta make sure they get pre 2's to hack asap!
  3.    #3  
    Thanks my kind sir. I hope more people join in, I will have the chipin directly to them so you have no reason to think this is some sort of scam. They are an awesome group and I want to make sure they stay that way.

That being said I hear mr whitby's bday is the exact day after mine so donating because of that is not exactly a bad thing Lets show them our love!
    It's a great idea and I'm all for supporting our homebrew devs; but not for nothing, and to be fair I think this should be coordinated though runukraine who thought up and worked tirelessly on the first telethon and has been looking for ideas to follow up on it. Just sayin.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  5.    #5  
    I am fine working with him for it, but to be honest I think this is more then just a one person thing, it is about everyone... Everyone who loves WebOS and thinks it is the future of mobile OS's. And as long as webos2.0 allows developers to do what they have in 1.* webos internals will continue to do what they do I think. At least that is how I feel after talking to rwhitby.
    *bookmarked* I am in as well...I look forward to the telethon...however will make a donation(s) before then...thanks for all the hard work and sacrifice of your time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    I am fine working with him for it, but to be honest I think this is more then just a one person thing, it is about everyone... Everyone who loves WebOS and thinks it is the future of mobile OS's. And as long as webos2.0 allows developers to do what they have in 1.* webos internals will continue to do what they do I think. At least that is how I feel after talking to rwhitby.
    I agree with you, and at the same time IMHO it would be great to build on an already successful endeavor.

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I agree with you, and at the same time IMHO it would be great to build on an already successful endeavor.
    Oh after tonight I will contact him and see what we can do, I will also contact those who are enthusiastic about the OS as well. Current just getting the ground work started and then expanding from there, we have a decent amount of time until then so while we are always in a rush, not the biggest rush (HP.... release something already )

At this point is a heads up to the community that one coming up so the word can get out. Most of the people here love the OS, lets love it some more.
    Sounds good to me.

10.    #10  
    I decided to message them tonight, instead of waiting but we have enough time to figure things out in the end.
    I'm in.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I am all in for helping out the community/devs with whatever little I can.
    Will the funds be going into one pot split between webOS internals AND Canuck Software (since Jason is independent of the former) or will we need to hit both of those excellent teams up with a donation?

(I'm cool either way, but that should be cleared up for everyone.)

NOTE TO PALM: Please, do NOT make these developers have a need to buy the new phones. You should be giving them two gold-plated ones. One for personal use and one for testing / development.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    Will the funds be going into one pot split between webOS internals AND Canuck Software (since Jason is independent of the former) or will we need to hit both of those excellent teams up with a donation?

(I'm cool either way, but that should be cleared up for everyone.)

NOTE TO PALM: Please, do NOT make these developers have a need to buy the new phones. You should be giving them two gold-plated ones. One for personal use and one for testing / development.
    As of right now I am not 100% sure (We still have time to figure it all out), but if these wonderful folks do have to purchase their own phones for development/testing like they had to do... Mr. Whitby said he would get Jason a phone like he did before so all should work out in the end.
    Telethon or Fourm-a-thon?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I'd be happier if this effort extended to a broader set of developers. I don't know what that means, but I suspect that there is at least one developer with a few critical patches.

Certainly not the zillion from WebOS Internals and Canuck, but significant enough to need our support.

Somewhere the should be a simple list that quantifies what the major developers have contributed.
  17.    #17  
    We have time to figure things out still so any suggestions is always appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post

So this brings me to my point... As of the week prior of and after thanksgiving in the US
    Which is 3 months away....why start a thread about it now?
    Whatever you do don't suggest a cut of the donations got to P|C like that idiotic app in the catalog. P|C is run and funded by a successful business...they don't need donations.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Which is 3 months away....why start a thread about it now?
    For the reason i stated above, Christmas is coming soon enough and the purchasing of gifts for the holiday even sooner making it so people tend not to have as much money. Giving people a heads up allows people to set a few dollars aside.
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast