Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    I would love to donate, but am currently not able to contribute anything...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I would love to donate, but am currently not able to contribute anything...
    Cantaffordit; half my contribution is on behalf of Garrett.
    EDIT: lol I meant donation, didn't I?
    I will change this list to $27 eack LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I will change this list to $27 eack LOL
    Yes please. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Yes please. Thanks.
    Ok, the edit has been made. Now, where are all those generous donors? We need a bunch of $5 and $10 donations, too!
    I dropped a 5'er in the bucket.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I just donated $50. Thanks Webos internals for everything!
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I would love to go first... again.... but I don't get paid again till Friday. I will go again then though.

But more importantly... Am I the only one that is just a little bummed that there are over 4,000 views on this thread and so few donations?

It's just like Church it seems, everyone wants to benefit from all that is done but only a few are willing to give to make it all possible.

Can I get an Amen? LOL

Now... somebody pass the offering plate....
    times are tough for folks right now.
    $1,290 is the current total
    WebOS Roundup posted an article about the Telethon.

Pre 2 Telethon for WebOS Internals! | webOSroundup

Cantaffordit was mentioned too! lol
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Donated some. Reserving the right to not publicly disclose the actual amount. The recipient will know and that all it matters. Thanks for making it easy to contribute to the effort.
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
    donated! w00t to webosinternals!
    if you want to post the amount I will add it to the total. If not, that's ok too.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    times are tough for folks right now.
    I know they are for many people, but quite honestly if someone has a WebOS device from just about any carrier with the necessary data plan, they can afford a $5 donation.

That's one Starbucks coffee or five 7-11 coffees.

That's one McDonalds or Burger King value meal.

That's 4 bottled or 5 fountain sodas.

That's less than one pack of smokes.

That's one beer or mixed drink at your favorite Sports Bar on game day.

Some people may not be able to do that, but I am sure they are in the minority.
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro1 View Post
    Donated some. Reserving the right to not publicly disclose the actual amount. The recipient will know and that all it matters. Thanks for making it easy to contribute to the effort.
    If you wish to be included in the possible webOS homebrew supporter attribution scheme, just let me know when/if it happens with your paypal address and I will ensure they know your level entitlement without disclosing your amount.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Current total is $1360 as of this post. Not included are some e-cheques that will take a couple of days to clear. Included are some donations not listed in this thread.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    rod, will the devices arrive in time for the nyc meeting?
    rod, will the devices arrive in time for the nyc meeting?
    Sconix should get his before then (he's in Finland, and is not attending the NYC meeting).

We haven't ordered any others yet.

We hope to be able to order UK Pre 2's on the 12th. If there is someone flying from the UK to the NYC Dev Day (I'm not aware of anyone yet), then we could get them to hand-carry a couple of devices.

If not, we will need to ship them, so the timing will be tight (12th to 19th is not enough time for purchase, shipping to UK address and forward shipping to US address). To activate them for paid app catalog, we need to ship from UK to US (for first activation) and then to Australia for me to us.

-- Rod
    does everyone hear that, the need the funds to grab UK phones on the 12th. We need to pump up the donation momentum so they can get them without delay. That's the best way to ensure that preware and the rest of their stuff is ready when webOS 2.0 gets here. Can you imagine having to go back to 500mhz while they update uberkernel? The way to minimize that delay is to GIVE now!

no amount is too small, so who is next?
    does everyone hear that, the need the funds to grab UK phones on the 12th. We need to pump up the donation momentum so they can get them without delay. That's the best way to ensure that preware and the rest of their stuff is ready when webOS 2.0 gets here. Can you imagine having to go back to 500mhz while they update uberkernel? The way to minimize that delay is to GIVE now!
    That's a good point. Examination of the SFR webOS 2.0 Doctor during the FrankenDoctor work has shown us that the kernel is different enough in webOS 2.0 that a webOS 1.4.5 UberKernel will not work on a webOS 2.0 Pre/Pre+/Pixi/Pixi+, so significant development work will be required there so you don't get stuck at 500MHz on a webOS 2.0 Pre/Pixi.

-- Rod
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast