Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I personally feel $100 is too high. $30 last time seemed to motivate a bunch of folks.

People can obviously give more if they are able.

The cumulative thing would be fine but that would require Rod to track and compile what comes in.

I think some kind of annual/lifetime leaderboard would be cool, but again would require additional effort for Rod. I would rather have him developing.
    I agree! The most important thing at this point is to get a greater number of donations, more so that trying to create a feeling that if a person doesn't give a certain amount, they aren't helping. Every single dollar helps and moves us closer to the goal.

If we can get more people involved, and everyone gives as they are able, then we can have a successful drive. IMHO
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    i'm in. the coming months will be very interesting for webos and we need to keep the momentum/hacking going!
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    The forum moniker should not be an issue. It was my idea last year and Dieter was behind the last one 100%. We do need to make sure he is game. $50 should be the differentiator. The idea is to encourage higher donations than the $20, but not too high that it is not attainable.
    From my post a few months ago:

Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I know people have the "Top Homebrew Supporter" tags under their avatars, maybe that can be changed a little or a small icon added depending on donation amount.

Examples:
    * webOS Internals Bronze Supporter - donation of $10
    * webOS Internals Silver Supporter - donation of $30
    * webOS Internals Gold Supporter - donation of $50
    * webOS Internals Platinum Supporter - donation of $75
    * webOS Internals Diamond Supporter - donation of $100, also includes "Hot Girls from Down Under" calendar!
    Maybe that would encourage more people to give?
    [QUOTE=spdsktr;2750144]The forum moniker should not be an issue. It was my idea last year and Dieter was behind the last one 100%. We do need to make sure he is game. $50 should be the differentiator. The idea is to encourage higher donations than the $20, but not too high that it is not attainable.

What we also need is someone to start compiling the list of donators and keeping it in the first post. Kind of a leaderboard if you will that also shows those above or below the moniker threshold. It encourages those who are just under it to add a lil bit more and get in, and adds the prestige of being a Top Homebrew Supporter.

QUOTE]

wow, I need to apologize profusely. I forgot and attributed it to runukraine incorrectly. Yes, it was spdsk8tr. I am so sorry I didn't give you props. My bad.

I feel bad about that, cuz speedsk8tr is a webOS legend to me.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 11/08/2010 at 09:50 PM.
    I will also be happy to compile that list.
    I like Trekkers title idea so far the best.
    I like Trekkers title idea so far the best.
    I concur..
    Below is a list of donations as of post #147. There was one donation posted with no amount listed so I didn't include it here. If I have missed anyone or listed the wrong amount, please PM me and I will fix it. Thanks again for everyone's generosity. Every time I use something cool from the homebrew community I realize that it's because this community pulls together to support the amazing developers. I wish I were smart enough to be one, actually....

$1 gollyzila
    $30 aric
    $50 pastorrich1
    $100 ashi
    $25 bevcraw
    $20 addiarmadar
    $100 cantaffordit
    $100 suburban war
    $50 neville
    $20 thesnowdog
    $30 bluenote
    $20 Godstyle
    $35 Danstah
    $30 stlsports
    $10 jghacker
    $30 govotsos
    $10 bdog421
    $50 GHT
    $30 GC916
    $27 GuyFromNam
    $27 Garrett
    $200 spdsktr
    $10 phil71
    $50 dougnail
    $50 trekker
    $30 mhunterjr
    $20 kallan42

I will update this list periodically. Speak up if I made any mistakes. Let me also say that no amount is too small. As Rod pointed out, let's get a thousand people giving $10, and let's get a reasonable fraction of those using preware give what they can. Zillions of people are using them, so let's get a few thousand people mobilized to give. The last effort raised over $6,000 and we should all see if we can beat that total this time!

Cheers
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 11/09/2010 at 07:53 PM.
    We are at $1,235

Rod, have there been additional donations that didn't get posted in this thread?

All, let's keep those donations coming!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    We are at $1,235

Rod, have there been additional donations that didn't get posted in this thread?

All, let's keep those donations coming!
    kallan42 is the most recent donation.

-- Rod
    I just wanted to add...when this thread was created, it mentioned webOS Internals specifically, that's why my examples of avatar tags showed "webOS internals."

I know that Rod is including Jason (Canuck coding) in the telethon and will provide him with a webOS 2 device. I think that shows a great example of co-operation among the Homebrew developers.

So, I'd like to modify my list to make it more generic, so it reads something like this:

* webOS Homebrew Bronze Supporter - donation of $10
    * webOS Homebrew Silver Supporter - donation of $30
    * webOS Homebrew Gold Supporter - donation of $50
    * webOS Homebrew Platinum Supporter - donation of $75
    * webOS Homebrew Diamond Supporter - donation of $100

Again, that's just an idea, maybe something similar to this can be implemented.
    good morning everyone. It's a great day for a donation! Who wants to go first?
    good morning everyone. It's a great day for a donation! Who wants to go first?
    I would love to go first... again.... but I don't get paid again till Friday. I will go again then though.

But more importantly... Am I the only one that is just a little bummed that there are over 4,000 views on this thread and so few donations?

It's just like Church it seems, everyone wants to benefit from all that is done but only a few are willing to give to make it all possible.

Can I get an Amen? LOL

Now... somebody pass the offering plate....
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 11/09/2010 at 08:56 AM.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    fear of alter calls is why no one sits in the front rows. They don't to risk making eye contact with you!
    fear of alter calls is why no one sits in the front rows. They don't to risk making eye contact with you!
    LOL... it's not the eye contact that bothers them, it's all the flying saliva... you know, real hellfire and brimstone stuff, complete with slicked back evangelist hair, polyester suit and horn rimmed glasses! LOL
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 11/09/2010 at 07:10 AM. Reason: spelling
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    LOL... it's not the eye contact that bothers them, it's all the flying saliva... you know, real hellfire and brimstone stuff, complete with slicked back evangelist hair, polyester suit and horn rimmed glasses! LOL
    Maybe we need to get the choir pumping and get people on their feet and in to the spirit. lol
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    where are all the investors?
    can we update the preware documentation app and I love homebrew app to let non-precentral users know about the telethon?
    that's a great idea!
    I would love to go first... again.... but I don't get paid again till Friday. I will go again then though.

But more importantly... Am I the only one that is just a little bummed that there are over 4,000 views on this thread and so few donations?

It's just like Church it seems, everyone wants to benefit from all that is done but only a few are willing to give to make it all possible.

Can I get an Amen? LOL

Now... somebody pass the offering plate....
    Amen to that.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast