Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Come on guys, let's get this moving!

$800 previous balance
    + $200 from me
    =======
    $1,000
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    + $10 from me.
    I will donate on a regular basis.
    Thank you so much for the hard work.
    $50 just donated. Thanks for all you do.
    I'm in for $50. That should bring current total to $1110.
    thanks to all so far. And sk8ter, great to see you with your jerry lewis suit on. I hadn't seen you for a while. Your mad telethon skilz will really take things up a notch!
    where is everyone today?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    where is everyone today?
    Morning services should be long done by now. Maybe they just took a nap after a good lunch?
    Total as of this post (including other donations not recorded in this thread) is $1185

Just another $15 before we can order a second Pre 2 from SFR ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    wow, how much does SFR charge?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    wow, how much does SFR charge?
    An unlocked SFR Pre 2 is about USD$580 plus shipping.

Of course we need to balance the exorbitant cost of an SFR Pre against the delay in getting things ported to webOS 2.0 if we wait until US availability (which we hope will be significantly cheaper than USD$600).

However, some of our devs (including myself) require European-band 3G devices to work in their country and there is not even an announcement of European-band developer devices from Palm yet.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I just donated $30. That should put us at $1215!
    nice!
    This thread needs front page coverage.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    So, what do you folks think?

Should we purchase a second device from SFR: (a) in case a Pre comms board swapped into a Pre 2 causes the OTA update servers to send Pre update ipkgs to the device instead of Pre 2 update ipkgs, and (b) so we can get the Pre 2 device to me in Australia as quickly as possible (via the US for activation for paid app catalog access)?

Or should we hold off more purchases and accumulate funds until the US devices become available for purchase?

Do you guys want us to have as much webOS 2.0 and Pre 2 homebrew and infrastructure as possible already available before you get your Pre 2 devices and OTA webOS 2.0 upgrades, or do you want us to wait and get the development devices from the US at the same time that you do?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Indeed, it does!
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Up to you, Rod. You guys make the call.
    I personally would like to see some of the most popular patches available for 2.0 by the time I get 2.0 here in the U.S.

Get the Pre 2 in your hands ASAP Rod.
    heck yes, rod. Go get 'em. We will get the funds raised to support you so you guys can focus on development.
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I'm sure Dieter will make sure it gets front page coverage this week.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Just donated $20.00. Money is tight at our house right now, but I'm happy to donate when I can.

Rod, I also think you should get Pre 2's sooner rather than later. I'd hate to have to go without some of my favourite patches when WebOS 2.0 gets here!
    --
    I am a (new) Palm user!