Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I would like to support the great work of Internals and would like to plan the timing of my proposed $30 contribution. If Internals needs $16K for the Pre2/Palm Pads, does this mean they will need another $8K if Palm should shortly announce a next gen device (or if 2 or 3 devices are rumored, they could need as much as an additional $25K by early 2011)?

Here's another question. If Pre2 turns out to be just a stopgap device to show off webos 2.0 and Verizon gets next gen pre around April (and sprint hopefully sooner), does this make a difference to the amount of money Internals will allocate for Pre2 development?

For me personally, it will also be hard to plan whether I am switching away from Palm in 2011 or switching carriers until I hear the HP roadmap. I'm explaining all this as I would like to support Internals but timing wise, it may make sense for me to wait to hear the HP roadmap.
    Even if that was true, most likely is, it wouldn't make much difference since the pre2 is first foothold of webos 2 to get our current deployements properly ported to webos2.
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Even if that was true, most likely is, it wouldn't make much difference since the pre2 is first foothold of webos 2 to get our current deployements properly ported to webos2.
    That is the case. Whilst all our devs need a Pre 2 device now to port and test things on WebOS 2.0, only the kernel devs will necessarily need one of each future device.

And as HP announces new devices and timelines, I'm sure our purchase plans will change to make best use of the precious donation resource to get the best bang for buck development-wise.

Just as most of our devs currently do not have one each of a Pre, Pre+, Pixi and Pixi+, so will they only need a subset of future devices to develop and test effectively across the whole development team.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is the case. Whilst all our devs need a Pre 2 device now to port and test things on WebOS 2.0, only the kernel devs will necessarily need one of each future device.

And as HP announces new devices and timelines, I'm sure our purchase plans will change to make best use of the precious donation resource to get the best bang for buck development-wise.

Just as most of our devs currently do not have one each of a Pre, Pre+, Pixi and Pixi+, so will they only need a subset of future devices to develop and test effectively across the whole development team.

-- Rod
    Makes sense, thanks for the explanation.
    Just donated, thanks for the hard work everyone!

Also I have a Sprint Pre if you guys need more of the "old gen" devices to work with. Let me know where to send it if you want it.
    I just made a $100 throwdown to get the weekend started. Last time we raised something like 6 grand, and we should be able to get well above that this time!

If we can get 200 people to donate $50, that's 10k. So give whatever you can.

Also, remember to join this facebook group:
    Welcome to Facebook

and I'm looking for a job in technology sales, so leads are appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by cantaffordit View Post
    we are at $331 plus whatever suburban war sent
    I sent 100USD
    $431
    You got $50 spacebucks from me!

Keep up the good work!
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Just donated 20 bucks. Thanks for all the hard work. Good luck digging into WebOS 2.0
    $501
    I think the forums were off line this morning. Lets spin the cheerful giving back up! The WebOS Internals servers cost a lot of money to host and connect to the interwebs.
    Donated!
    Quote Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
    Donated!
    thanks. If you don't mind posting the amount we can add it to the running total. Or PM me if you'd rather.
    Just posted this op on my Twitter and Facebook accts. Do remember to use the hashtag #pre2telethon there and spread the word!!!
    In for $30, thanks for all the great effort!

I wonder if HP would negotiate a discount with you folks as a group on the dev devices, considering how much you have contributed, might be worth looking into.

Also Amazon payments apparently takes a smaller fee off donations of $10 or less than paypal does, this might also be worth looking into
    $531

who is next?
    $20 for now fellas and will continue to regularly support the phenomenal work you all do.
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Just donated 35 bucks to the cause!
    Confirmation number: 6GM43121C8368413R
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    just dropped $30 USD in the tip jar. thanks for the good work you do rwhitby, & the WebOS internals crew. Also Jay Canuck.
    $616 and climbing!
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast