Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    lets shoot for $50 each.
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I'm at the donate page but I don't see an area for the comment. I'd like to donate to the Pre 2 fund.
    Please use the "Add special instructions to the seller" comment area after you log into PayPal.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I'm in for a few dollars. Not much, but it's what I can spare right now. Keep up the awesome work.

And I will buy any member of WebOS Internals a beer if they are ever in Chicago. That is a standing offer.
    I just donated $1. I know it's not much, but I'll be donating more once I start working.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    $30 for Pre 2 fund

aric
    has the telethon actually started? I thought it was a thanksgiving thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    For those who are donating to the Pre 2 fund, please mark your donation as such and include your PreCentral username in the "Add special instructions to the seller" section you see after you log into PayPal, and post your donation amount here if you want to make it public. I hope we'll be able to have some sort of recognition program like last time (where donations over $30 received a "Top Homebrew Supporter" annotation on their PreCentral account).

The tally starts now at $0. The donation address is http://donate.webos-internals.org (thats "donate" dot "webos-internals" dot "org" for those who cannot see links).

Thanks,

-- Rod
    Rod, I'm good with WebOS Internals using my donation where ever you need it the most. I just missed the closing time on the last drive to get the "Top Homebrew Supporter" title so hopefully they will do something again. You know I have donated far more than $30 over the last year.

This time I took Cantaffordit's recommendation and kicked in $50! Now I challenge all the rest of you tech toy hungry WebOS lovin' working folks to match it. I know there are alot of you out there.

For you students, kick in $5, $10 or whatever you can skim from your lunch money for the next couple of weeks. If you are sporting a WebOS device, you can't be too bad off.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Is there someone who is willing to take up the job of keeping a running tally like last time? It's important that this be someone outside of WebOS Internals to keep an independent tally for public transparency.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 11/05/2010 at 06:17 PM.
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Is there someone who is willing to take up the job of keeping a running tally like last time?

-- Rod
    I'd be happy to do that.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    has the telethon actually started? I thought it was a thanksgiving thing...
    if not, I'll still donate Thanksgiving!
    I'd be happy to do that.
    Thanks. As of this post, the tally is $186 (minus PayPal fees). I've included the $100 from ashi from a couple of days ago that was clearly marked for the Pre 2 fund.

-- Rod
    Thanks. As of this post, the tally is $186 (minus PayPal fees). I've included some donations (such as the $100 from ashi) from the last week that were clearly marked for the Pre 2 fund.

-- Rod
    so I guess that means the telethon has started!

PS, everyone that reads this thread should start by bying the Preware documentation app in the Palm Catalog. It's the best 99 cents you will spend this year.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Oh, I'm in on a telethon and didn't know it, cool. I hope this goes at least as well as the last one!
    Just donated $25.
    $211
    rod, will you be including jason as you did last time? If not, I can make 2 donations.
    rod, will you be including jason as you did last time? If not, I can make 2 donations.
    Absolutely. If you look earlier in this thread I outlined the projected costs for developer devices, and included Jason in that list just as we did for the last Telethon.

-- Rod
    I just donated 20.00 usd to the fund. Maybe I can do an auto donate thing on paypal.
    $231
    I would like to support the great work of Internals and would like to plan the timing of my proposed $30 contribution. If Internals needs $16K for the Pre2/Palm Pads, does this mean they will need another $8K if Palm should shortly announce a next gen device (or if 2 or 3 devices are rumored, they could need as much as an additional $25K by early 2011)?

Here's another question. If Pre2 turns out to be just a stopgap device to show off webos 2.0 and Verizon gets next gen pre around April (and sprint hopefully sooner), does this make a difference to the amount of money Internals will allocate for Pre2 development?

For me personally, it will also be hard to plan whether I am switching away from Palm in 2011 or switching carriers until I hear the HP roadmap. I'm explaining all this as I would like to support Internals but timing wise, it may make sense for me to wait to hear the HP roadmap.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast