1.    #1  
    Hello

I just bought a AT&T Palm PRe PLUS unlocked and using a Fido Plan (Canada).
    I tried to sign into my Palm Pre profile but it keeps saying "Sign in Failed"

The service tag in the top-left corner says Fido so i know I'm connected to the Fido service but the signal bars show a "R" (i'm guessing for Roaming)

I searched the forum for trying to bypass this or to sign in through WiFi, but was wondering if there are other ways. Is it even possible?

Thanks
  2.    #2  
    Please disregard my request. i was able to restore the os using the webos doctor.

But i do have another question. even though the service says fido, it's asking me for data roaming. is this using my data plan or im i going to get charged for roaming???
    Quote Originally Posted by vittimac View Post

...is this using my data plan or im i going to get charged for roaming???
    It depends on Fido. Check with them.
  4.    #4  
    Ok i will check with them today.

One other question. I restored the pre with the webos doctor for AT&T. does this mean it is now locked by AT&T?

This is why i'm nervous about the data roaming. all of the signatures says "-sent from my palm pre on AT&T" and in my contacts i got AT&T contact numbers. I'm thinking this is a default thing with the webos doctor for AT&T but i need a second opinion.

And one more thing...
    I switch over from an iphone plan. Will I lose the visual voicemail?

Thanks again guys
    It won't be relocked if it was a proper "unlock". You would expect Doctoring with an AT&T version to result in the phone being customised to AT&T settings. The signature is user definable. Open the email program, Select an account, scroll to signature and amend as required.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vittimac View Post
    This is why i'm nervous about the data roaming. all of the signatures says "-sent from my palm pre on AT&T" and in my contacts i got AT&T contact numbers. I'm thinking this is a default thing with the webos doctor for AT&T but i need a second opinion.

Thanks again guys
    I know this was already answered, but, here's a second comment to help bolster your confidence. I am running an AT&T Pre+ on Rogers (NextGen unlocked) and it works great. The "Sent from my palm pre on AT&T" is just a mail setting and the contacts came with the phone --> nothing to be worried about there.

BUT: My phone doesn't think it's roaming. Go to Device info to make sure your phone number shows up right. It's possible that Fido's doing something odd that might cost you $$ (I'd check with them on that). FYI, if you want to talk to another 'unofficial' Fido Pre+ user, take a look at this posting in the Canada / Fido section:

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...pre-users.html
  7.    #7  
    Wow, thanks guys i will check that post there
    And i will be taking to a Fido rep today.
  8.    #8  
    ok I was just thinking about this before I call Fido.
    If the service in the top-left corner says Fido, then it should still be unlocked right. if it was locked again then it wouldn't say Fido or it would ask for an unlock code right?
    Hello!
    What is this messages:
    "Device is locked from doing First Use".
    I can activate Palm Pre. Webos 1.4.5 Unlocked.
    Thanks!
    2011-10-12T16:52:10.874908Z [475] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.firstuse: Error: ----------------- readDeviceInUseResponse --------------------------#<Hash:{'isDeviceInUse': false}>, palmInitFramework347:2527
    2011-10-12T16:52:13.460083Z [478] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.firstuse: Error: login error = #<Hash:{'errorCode': 'PAMS3036', 'errorText': 'Device is locked from doing First Use'}>, palmInitFramework347:2527
    2011-10-12T16:52:13.692718Z [478] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgr}: void CpuShareManager::writeEntry(const char*, int): Failed to open cpu share file: /dev/cgroup/game/cpu.shares
    2011-10-12T16:52:14.101837Z [478] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgr}: void CpuShareManager::writeEntry(const char*, int): Failed to open cpu share file: /dev/cgroup/game/cpu.shares
    My phone is activated.