1.    #1  
    After all the excitement with the webOS 2.0 beta sdk release, I thought about the inevitability of me buying the next WebOS phone as long as I don't have to pony up an ETF with Sprint. Still... all the accessories I've bought for this phone makes me want to keep it. Two touchstones, a car charger, a leather holster, a crap case, spare battery, invisibleshield, and my purchased apps all dictate that I find a way to extend my investment
    Has anybody tried to use the phone as a personal media player / ipod touch-ish device after moving on to a different phone? Is there a way I would eventually be able to use it simply as a super high tech, perhaps wifi enabled, PDA? And more unrealistically... would Palm support this device by granting it a profile anyway? Even if it wasn't my original?

Apologies if this has already been posted. Couldn't think of a way to yield results for this topic in search. Thanks!
    Developing on an Unactivated Device - Palm Developer Center

Doesnt have to be just for developing!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

A better option would be to use Meta Doctor. I've been using it for the past ten or so months so I can use my Pre as a wifi-enabled PDA. You'll still have access to the App Catalog and other features that require a Palm Profile.
  4.    #4  
    OOooh this is why I am a consumer and not a developer. Can't think outside the box like this. I really wish they allowed multiple devices on the same profile... but this will definitely work when the time comes. Thanks!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    A better option would be to use Meta Doctor. I've been using it for the past ten or so months so I can use my Pre as a wifi-enabled PDA. You'll still have access to the App Catalog and other features that require a Palm Profile.
    This definitely sounds great too. Perhaps a little bit more involved, but it might be worth it for the extra functionality. Thank you!
    Just want to get this out there: to turn your GSM Pre into a PDA/PMP, you pop out your SIM card. Done.
    You now cannot make phone calls anymore, go play some Angry Birds. Until that Skype app that Rahul has been teasing is released with 2.0, then you can probably use that to make phonecalls over your Wi-Fi.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Just want to get this out there: to turn your GSM Pre into a PDA/PMP, you pop out your SIM card. Done.
    You now cannot make phone calls anymore, go play some Angry Birds. Until that Skype app that Rahul has been teasing is released with 2.0, then you can probably use that to make phonecalls over your Wi-Fi.
    Probably a good suggestion, to bad that Sprint (which the OP mentioned) is CDMA. CDMA doesn't use SIM cards.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.