1.    #1  
    Hi all,

It now looks as if the PPP will be availabe PP, (Palm Pre Plus Pre Paid)

Take care,

Jay

Verizon Wireless to Offer Pre-Paid 3G Smartphones
    Bertrand Vasquez | Aug 31, 2010 |

Verizon Wireless to Offer Pre-Paid 3G Smartphones

We had previously heard that Basking Ridge, New Jersey-based Verizon Wireless would offer pre-paid plans for BlackBerry smartphones. However, a newly-leaked document suggests that the pre-paid plans offered by the mobile carrier will extend to other 3G smartphones such as the Palm Pre Plus and Palm Pixi Plus along with Android-powered devices such as the original Motorola Droid, Motorola Droid 2, Motorola Droid X, HTC Droid Incredible, and even the upcoming Samsung Fascinate. In addition, the document confirms that the Samsung Fascinate will be released on September 9, which contradicts the September 8 launch date we heard yesterday.

As far as pricing goes, the document suggest that Verizon Wireless will charge $30 per month for unlimited data, a plan which is apparently required. Voice plans will be priced at a minimum of $45. Chances of Verizon Wireless offering all of the aforementioned devices with pre-paid plans is looking highly possible
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    pricing is kind of high.

i use at&t prepaid card with my pre plus. i dont use it for calls much..just in an emergency mostly. hook up mostly on wifi. $25 bucks for voice is good for 90 days and the minutes i dont use rolls over.

you can get a data plan for like 20 bucks a month - 100 megs. not a very good deal for the palm pre if you always go on line to browse but good enough to check or get your email and some very light browsing daily. i sometimes purchase it when i know ill will be out from a free wifi spot for an extended period of time, like traveling to see relatives.

with my windows mobile phone, i use it without a data plan as opera mini data usuage is minimal. i can just pay 25 bucks for my voice plan and any data i use is taken from it at .01 cent a byte. might seem like and is high but as i mentioned, opera mini uses minimal data and that i dont use it daily. with my images turned off, i can do some quick browsing at like 20 to 30 cents or use it for instant messaging.

i mention this as another alternative to going prepaid. in san diego i get good coverage on att 3g and the best part is i can use voice and data at the same time.