View Poll Results: What should I do?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go for it! In 12 months you'll get a chance at the latest and greatest.

    5 6.49%
  • Stop! New hardware is right around the corner, you don't wanna have to wait for it, do you?

    67 87.01%
  • Buttons... buttons... BUTTONS!!!!!!1!!!shiftone!!!

    5 6.49%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1.    #1  
    Now that the Pre on Sprint is available free (with contract extension of course) from the HP website I'm wondering if it would be worth it to use the upgrade I've been saving since June on one.

    I love WebOS, and I really want a new - hopefully more robust - piece of hardware. However, my current Pre does have quite a few scratches, nicks, cracks, etc... and I don't know how much longer it'll hold out.

    If new hardware is less than 5 or 6 months from being on the shelf I have no problem waiting. If the new hardware is more than 6 months out, on the other hand, then I don't mind burning a 12 month upgrade now and waiting for my next one for the new device.

    So I'll put it to a vote!

    How many people think a new device will be available for purchase within 6 months, and that I should therefore wait for it to use my upgrade.

    - Or -

    How many people think that a new device is more than 6 months out and think I should go ahead and get a shiny new Pre for free right now.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  2. tejoe's Avatar
    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #2  
    i say wait
  3. #3  
    no wait until oct or nov and get the real deal upgraded pre 2
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4. #4  
    I would certainly wait a few months for the hardware if you can hold out, no question.


    My Themes:CLICK HERE
  5. #5  
    Honestly, I don't think I'm changing my palm pre anytime soon.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    Honestly, I don't think I'm changing my palm pre anytime soon.
    yes you might want to wait until the first batch is out and the kinks are all worked out lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Now that the Pre on Sprint is available free (with contract extension of course) from the HP website I'm wondering if it would be worth it to use the upgrade I've been saving since June on one.

    I love WebOS, and I really want a new - hopefully more robust - piece of hardware. However, my current Pre does have quite a few scratches, nicks, cracks, etc... and I don't know how much longer it'll hold out.

    If new hardware is less than 5 or 6 months from being on the shelf I have no problem waiting. If the new hardware is more than 6 months out, on the other hand, then I don't mind burning a 12 month upgrade now and waiting for my next one for the new device.

    So I'll put it to a vote!

    How many people think a new device will be available for purchase within 6 months, and that I should therefore wait for it to use my upgrade.

    - Or -

    How many people think that a new device is more than 6 months out and think I should go ahead and get a shiny new Pre for free right now.
    Dude you can find good condition PrPrPr&#$275$;'$s$ $on$ $craigslist$ $for$ $$100$ - $$130$ ($i$ $did$). $Why$ $waste$ $an$ $upgrade$ $on$ $such$ $a$ $cheaply$ $available$ $phone$. $There$'$s$ $new$ $stuff$ $too$ $close$ $on$ $the$ $horizon$ $to$ $upgrade$ $now$.
  8.    #8  
    Free is a whole lot better to me than $100-$130... Plus warranty, knowing it's NEW not a refurb or used.

    At this point I wouldn't dream of paying more than $50 for a used Pre.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  9. #9  
    if your truly in need of a new phone get a used one on ebay or craigslist or maybe explore a used pixi for the time being then used your upgrade on new webos hardware or on something that might come out that will blow everything away (not likely though)
  10. brendu's Avatar
    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #10  
    the pre hardware blows... wait for the next webos phone for sure.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Free is a whole lot better to me than $100-$130... Plus warranty, knowing it's NEW not a refurb or used.

    At this point I wouldn't dream of paying more than $50 for a used Pre.
    if you buy a pre for 130 on line and going month to month is much cheaper than getting one free with a contract for 2 years !!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  12.    #12  
    I'm only one year in to a 2 year contract now... so whether I buy a used one or a new one, I'm still on contract. haha

    Doesn't matter anyway as I don't plan on leaving Sprint unless Verizon suddenly decided to cut their prices in half.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  13. #13  
    all the rumors seem to have same theme,new hardware by october. Now with all the talk up going on about 2.0,,releasing many details,,im quite sure all these rumors on the pre 2 are true. So it would seem to be a no brainer to wait a month or 2.
  14. #14  
    Im going with wait on the upgrade and if you think your Pre isnt going to hold out until a new device comes get a decent used one off Ebay.
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I'm only one year in to a 2 year contract now... so whether I buy a used one or a new one, I'm still on contract. haha

    Doesn't matter anyway as I don't plan on leaving Sprint unless Verizon suddenly decided to cut their prices in half.
    Yes, but when a Premier customer uses their upgrade, they extend their contract two years from the date of the upgrade. Thus, you'll be in contract for two more years instead of just one.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Free is a whole lot better to me than $100-$130... Plus warranty, knowing it's NEW not a refurb or used.

    At this point I wouldn't dream of paying more than $50 for a used Pre.
    Fine then, waste an upgrade on a $100 phone when a new model is weeks (months) away.

    And you think that NEW Pre isn't going to have "issues" (that annoy you enough) that you're going to send it in under warranty and then they send you a REFURB as a warranty replacement. How many times have we seen this happen?

    If you were getting a free Evo or a free Epic for your upgrade and a 2yr renewal then i'd say yeah go for it.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  17. #17  
    Wait, there's new hardware coming out in Sept,Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug...who knows??? Why waste your upgrade on a old crappy penny phone that they can't seem to give away.
  18. jdod's Avatar
    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yes you might want to wait until the first batch is out and the kinks are all worked out lol
    Exactly!

    I am in no hurry to get the new hardware when it comes out. I will wait for all the early adopters to work all the issues out, then get one.

    As far as the OP needs are concerned, you already have a Pre, in your situation, no way would I waist an upgrade on another Pre, makes no sense. Live with the scratches I say.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Fine then, waste an upgrade on a $100 phone when a new model is weeks (months) away.

    And you think that NEW Pre isn't going to have "issues" (that annoy you enough) that you're going to send it in under warranty and then they send you a REFURB as a warranty replacement. How many times have we seen this happen?

    If you were getting a free Evo or a free Epic for your upgrade and a 2yr renewal then i'd say yeah go for it.
    I understand what you're saying... I'm just saying that I don't want to spend any money to get a new Pre... but free is awfully tempting... haha

    And if the new hardware from Palm is 6, 7, 8+ months away still, then I wouldn't consider getting a brand new Pre to be a "waste" of an upgrade since I'll be eligible for another one in 12 months.

    Even if the Evos were offered free right now I wouldn't get it, I want a physical keyboard.

    Now the Epic... if I could get one free, without using my upgrade or extending my contract (which is why I entered the give-away on android central) then I would do it.

    I'm not doubting that new hardware is in the works, my base question is this: Is new hardware more or less than 6 months away? If I knew the definitive answer to that question, I would know what I want to do.

    If it's more than 6 months away, than I'd get a free Pre now. If it's less than 6 months away I'd wait for it.

    The problem here is that no one knows for sure - or I should say that the people who do know aren't talking - when the new hardware is coming.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  20. AZ8
    AZ8 is offline
    AZ8's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    #20  
    I almost took the plunge, but after doing alot of research, I discovered that rumors of new hardware was close. As the weeks went by, more and more information began to come together and new hardware is now imminent, IMO. And with the annoucement today with 2.0, its all coming together. So Im waiting. Don't want to waste an upgrade.

    If your phone still works, Id wait for sure!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions