View Poll Results: What should I do?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go for it! In 12 months you'll get a chance at the latest and greatest.

5 6.49%
  • Stop! New hardware is right around the corner, you don't wanna have to wait for it, do you?

67 87.01%
  • Buttons... buttons... BUTTONS!!!!!!1!!!shiftone!!!

5 6.49%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Your current Pre probably has a lot more life in it then you think. Mines got all sorts of battle scars... big chunk missing from the top. It's still very usable. Heck with some overclocking and good patching there's no reason it can't keep on chugging until new hardware arrives. I think you'd regret using the upgrade.

- Phil -
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ8 View Post
    I almost took the plunge, but after doing alot of research, I discovered that rumors of new hardware was close. As the weeks went by, more and more information began to come together and new hardware is now imminent, IMO. And with the announcement today with 2.0, its all coming together. So Im waiting. Don't want to waste an upgrade.

If your phone still works, Id wait for sure!!
    Glad to hear it. I've been waiting since June to upgrade. I'm hoping it happens this month, but even if it doesn't I'll be fine. The way I look at it, if I'd of stayed with my old mobile carrier, I wouldn't have been eligible for another year. As long as I can get my phone to work, I'll wait.
    Well....do you have the $300-500 to spend on the latest and greatest if/when it comes out in October? This needs to weigh in on the decision. If you want another 12 months with a new phone to save up for the big purchase, maybe spring for the new Pre now and start saving for the newest phone.
  4.    #24  
    Seems so far the vast majority firmly believe a new WebOS device will be out within the next 5-6 months...

Still darn tempting to get a shiny new Pre for the great low price of notadamnthing. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    fyi, I switching my friend from a 1st ver instunk to a used pre. Yeah,she could upgrade for free but I believe we will see new hardware by dec and I want her to be able to upgrade to it with less cost. Especially since I'm going to use my june upgrade then and don't want her to be jealous.
    Help!

I'm trying to get one of the free Pre's for my son. It has been over a year since he got his last phone. I tried to purchase from HP, but the purchase was canceled because HP said Sprint said that it had been less than 22 months since his last upgrade. I knew that. I have a Premier account, and we get to upgrade every year.

So, I called Sprint and confirmed that the line was eligible for the full upgrade. I called HP and tried to order over the phone. I told them that Sprint was showing that it was eligible, and suggested they could call Sprint to confirm. The guy said they couldn't do that, that it was done over computer and the computer tells them whether it is eligible or not.

Does anyone know a way that a Premier customer can get the free Pre from HP? Please let me know if you do. Thanks.
  8.    #28  
    Well... with HP putting a time limit on the sale I had to make a decision...

You'll all be thrilled to hear that I completely ignored the majority and pulled the trigger on the deal! haha

The way I figure, even if a new device comes out soon, it'll be priced at at least $300+ (probably with a $100 rebate, but still). I don't have an extra $300 right now, and I don't anticipate having an extra $300 until at least after the new year, as I have my kid's birthday and a vacation between now and then.

So this way, I have a brand new shiny Pre to get me through the next 12 months while I set aside a little cash to buy the next great thing that HPalm has to offer down the road.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Now the Pre on Sprint is available free from the HP website. The new update made my Pre crash now .I called Sprint and they said they had not heard of any problems with the update

palm pre skins
    I've been tempted since June to get a new Pre. Try it to make sure it has no bugs and then box it up for a backup phone. Then I'd drop the insurance on my phone and my husbands phone, because we both have Pres. That would save me $14 a month on insurance. I would have to wait until 6/2011 for him to be eligible for upgrade and 8/2011 for me, but it wouldn't be horrible. I'm just not patient enough to wait until June or August if the New WebOS phone comes out before 3/2011.

That being said, I patiently wait with my current Pre which has absolutely no problems, no scratches, still has the little plug cover, and has a body skin to keep it pristine.
  11.    #31  
    Just an update...

I received my brand new shiny Pre today (well after I had to go to the Walmart down the street that Fedex had mis-delivered it to, but that's a different story). So far it appears in good shape. It's obviously one of the newer builds (metallic buttons), "sleeping bag" has the Palm embossed on it, etc...

I haven't activated it as I got a screen protector this time around and am waiting for it to set properly and to give me time to back up my current phone to my liking.

I did turn around and use the $50 gift card to order a 2GB digital photo frame, and all I had to pay was $4 in tax.

All in all, I'm quite happy with the deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Just an update...

I received my brand new shiny Pre today (well after I had to go to the Walmart down the street that Fedex had mis-delivered it to, but that's a different story). So far it appears in good shape. It's obviously one of the newer builds (metallic buttons), "sleeping bag" has the Palm embossed on it, etc...

I haven't activated it as I got a screen protector this time around and am waiting for it to set properly and to give me time to back up my current phone to my liking.

I did turn around and use the $50 gift card to order a 2GB digital photo frame, and all I had to pay was $4 in tax.

All in all, I'm quite happy with the deal.
    Make sure you get the insurance -- if not you will be in the ebay/craigslist market for one of those $100 Pres if you happen to drop it. (And don't say you won't drop it, that you will baby it, because it seems likes those are always the people who do.)
  13.    #33  
    Actually, the bright side is I still have the Pre I had before to fall back on if anything happens to my new baby. haha

In the mean time, I need to read up on Meta-Doctor so I can turn the old one into a testing device to play with all the fun stuff I wasn't willing to try on my only phone.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12