1.    #1  
    Okay I know a lot of people use a TS on their desk at work. Now I would assume most people are like me where they don't want their phone going off every time the get a text or call or calendar event, etc. So my phone while at work always has the ringer switch to off, my problem is that while on the touchstone I am now not getting any vibration notification.

Yes I did search and from the few threads there were, this seams to be hit and miss and somewhat related to a software update at some point.

So my question is this, if we can't easily get vibrate on the touchstone, what do folks do to make sure they are not missing their notification and calls while using a TS at work?

Thanks for any ideas/advice.
    Doesn't it still show the notification at the bottom even on silent? (I know, I haven't sprung for the TS back and charger yet... I suck)
    well i keep my phone right in front of me so i jus check for onscreen notifications, never realized it didnt vibrate on touchstone
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Must be a stock feature that cuts out the vibration.
    Mine vibrates on the TS with the 'SMS vibrate one second' patch though.. .
    Everybody wants some!..
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    well i keep my phone right in front of me so i jus check for onscreen notifications, never realized it didnt vibrate on touchstone
    I might have to come in tomorrow and move how my desk is laid out, I always have so much stuff on my desk though that no matter where the phone is, there is a good chance I am not looking in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Must be a stock feature that cuts out the vibration.
    Mine vibrates on the TS with the 'SMS vibrate one second' patch though.. .
    Might have to try that patch out. As far as the "feature" from the threads I've read it sounds like it was implemented in an OTA update, but some people reported their phone vibrating while others didn't around the same time frames (all those threads are slightly old, or really old from back near initial launch).

Thanks for the heads up on the patch, and please anyone else with ideas I am listening.
    You can use Mode Switcher and set a mode for work. One of the settings is for the ringer volume/settings. You can set it to ringer switch on - vibrate only. That seems to work pretty well.
  7.    #7  
    So that will actually force it back to vibrate? Cool I will try that out, was looking at it in mode switcher, but didn't see anything that I thought would change from the default.

Mine is on Ringer Off - Vibrate ..... that is my default, is there another setting I am missing?
    When you create the mode there will be a settings button. Just click "Add Setting" and then choose "Ringer Settings." Within ringer settings there will be three lines; Ringer On, Ringer Off, and Ringtone. For "Ringer on" choose Vibrate. When you select this mode it will change to those settings from your default settings. As far as I know this should work. Mine vibrates on the touchstone when it's set this way.

If you haven't used Mode Switcher before just make sure that you have your default settings the way you want them. I had my volume at about 50% when I set mine up and for any of the mode that I hadn't set a specific volume for it would default to that 50%. I couldn't figure out why I could never hear my ringer. I reset my defaults and everything has been fine since then.
  9.    #9  
    I have been using mode switcher for a while. My point being, it should vibrate with ringer off set to vibrate (since my ringer switch is off). I really don't like the idea of the mode controlling the ringer, when I have a silent ringer switch. I guess I can make it work.

When you say yours vibrate on the touchstone with that setting, does it vibrate for all notifications or just ringer? Since if it doesn't fix the calendar or sms, this won't fix the majority of my issue.

Also since you say it works, are you using this with the ringer switch on or the ringer switch off?
    I use it with ringer switch on (my actual ringer switch is a little crazy if I try to switch it off). I know that for me it works with email, sms, and ringer. I rarely use the calendar.
  11.    #11  
    Eh not gonna work for me, I need to have my ringer switch off when I need it off (also using "truly silent ringer switch."
    I get no ringing and no vibration on my Pre when it's on the Touchstone, now. Same for my lady's Pre.

Fuggin pain in the ****.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    ...Vibration doesn't make any sense on a Touchstone. You can't feel it.

You're still depending on hearing the motor humming - and if that's the case, using the ringer on extremely low volume should still give the same effect.
    I keep my ringer set to off, and have the TS just to the left of my laptop, so I usually can see when a notification comes in.
    Quote Originally Posted by twilightomni View Post

You're still depending on hearing the motor humming - and if that's the case, using the ringer on extremely low volume should still give the same effect.
    Kind of a moot point since neither, the ringer nor the vibration, works. That said, the vibration is a lower tone and preferrable (at work) to whatever song is my ringtone.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by twilightomni View Post

It is MUCH easier to turn the switch to silent/vibrate, than to have to remember to turn all volumes down when I get to work and back up when I leave. I use the switch (patch to make all things silent) because I need to know my phone won't start going off randomly in my office.

With the repeat notifications and the *sound* from the vibrate, I would be able to know i have a text or phone call, without having to worry about it disturbing others in the office or the person I may be with on the phone knowing I am getting a call/txt.

Ohhhh and to further clarify, when my phone is not on the TS (even in the softcase I have) I can hear it vibrate on the desk better than I can feel the vibrate in my pocket. The silent switch is one of the best functions on modern smartphones, it allows you to simply and easily know your phone is going to be *silent* but having to look at the phone to see notifications gets annoying.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmihalek View Post
    I keep my ringer set to off, and have the TS just to the left of my laptop, so I usually can see when a notification comes in.
    My desk is pretty big (L shaped), and I keep the TS next to my work (desk) phone. I constantly have files and other paperwork on my desk I need to keep near my computer so the Pre has to stay back next to the desk phone where it isn't eating up area I need to have paperwork and be able to write stuff on. I also end up having to walk away from my desk while leaving the phone on the TS so I would miss notifications. The best fix has been using mode switcher set to my work hours so that when charging the screen stays on the lock screen so I can see any notifications I have quickly and easily.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...