1.    #1  
    Okay how can I save all my contacts so when I get a new phone I can just upload them easily?
    Can I save them to Gmail, my desktop, both, neither?

Thanks
    Do you have a webOS phone now?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  3.    #3  
    I have the Palm Pre.
    And by "new phone" are you referring to a new webOS device or some other kind of phone?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  5.    #5  
    Does it matter?
    Yes it does. If you are getting a new webOS phone you can do nothing. If your buying an iPhone you need to do something different then if your purchasing a bottom rung flip phone. Unfortunately your OP was completely void of any details....thus the questions.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  7.    #7  
    Lets say I got a droid or iphone.
    Why don you just tell me what phone your referring to in the OP? I don't understand the need to be so clandestine....

However to the business at hand...how are your contacts stored on your Pre? Are they synergized via Gmail (or similar) or do you have them all in the Palm Profile or perhaps a combo of the two?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  9.    #9  
    Because I'm thinking far down the road and don't know what phone it will be. I just want to have them stored easily so the transition will be smooth.

Right now all my contacts are just on my phone, no gmail or anything.
    If you link your Google account to your Pre and make it your default account, all of your contacts will be saved to Google and any phone which can sync to Google (which includes pretty much all Android phones), will be able to import your contacts easily.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    There is a way to export the contacts to a file on the flash drive. I can't post links yet, search the forums for "##66623#" for instructions.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJim View Post
    Because I'm thinking far down the road and don't know what phone it will be. I just want to have them stored easily so the transition will be smooth.

Right now all my contacts are just on my phone, no gmail or anything.
    Okay...your smart for thinking ahead. More people should think like this.

My advice would be to get a Gmail (or similar) account to use as your main synergy account for contacts (you may already have such an account).

Then export your Palm Profile contacts to a text file with the Send All Contacts via Email utility in Preware, remove all contacts from your Palm Profile (or your going to have annoying and confusing duplicates), import those saved contacts to Gmail, add the Gmail account to webOS contacts and set it as the primary contact account.

Now all your contacts will be synced to your phone and if you add any new ones on your phone they will also be added to your Gmail account and vice-versa.

Also...at any time you will be able to export your Gmail contacts as a CSV file which can be used to import them just about anywhere.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Thanks for the tip about importing contacts with Gmail. Now all of my contacts will be synced if i ever lose my Pre